This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 07.02.2020. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful. Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to UVIWE.MBAMBANI@TRANSNET.NET.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet NPA
Position Title : Eng Technician
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Infrastructure
Location : East London
Reporting To : Deputy Port Engineer
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 10166522
1. Compile technical specifications in respect of required maintenance
2. To draft technical drawings to facilitate modifications to meet operational and maintenance requirements
3. Conduct condition assessment of infrastructure assets, report on findings and compilation of maintenance plans resulting from condition assessments.
4. Root cause analysis of engineering problems and come up with designs to solve the problems identified
5. Maintain technical library for reference
6. Project and Contract management in respect of civil and operational projects to ensure completion of contracts
7. Site supervision of contractors to ensure compliance by contractors
8.Management of civil, roads, waste and horticultural maintenance to ensure condition of the infrastructure meets requirements
9. Assist departmental managers in drafting maintenance budgets
10. Draft minor works specification for projects, equipment and tools required by the department
11.Execute all infrastructure related maintenance or works adhering to the AMPP and all related legislation
12. Assist finance manager in the management of a fixed asset register for all infrastructure related assets (including movable assets)
13. Site development – To investigate a certain need for a required project by a client and to accumulate information to be able to compile plans and the possibilities, as well as the economic viability thereof and then to give feedback to the parties involved
14. Surveys – To physically accumulate measurement and topographical information with instruments on the site for the client’s needs and support management with decisions
15. Estimates – Compile block estimates from surveyed/ measured data , draft proposals and suppliers quotations through supply chain to ensure that the project is economically viable for the clients or the port
16. Specifications – To specify technical data of materials, workmanship and procedures in a contract format or on plan to ensure that required standards of the client and port are achieved.
17. Project Management – To manage and control projects for a client or port to ensure that contractors perform according to prescribed specifications and plans within the contract budget. Make on site decisions to get past obstacles and amend plans accordingly.
Qualifications & Experience:
Qualifications & Experience:
• National Diploma: Civil
• Project Management experience
• Code 08 driver’s license
• 1 to 3 years’ experience
• Eligible to register professionally with ECSA
• Computer Literacy
• Reading of technical drawings
• Occupational Health and safety Act
• Industry Knowledge
• Engineering Management legislation
• Project Management skills
• Contract Management skills
• Communication skills
• Drawing skills (Auto/ Ally CAD)
• Problem solving