Share this post on
Industrial Engineer: Projects
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
An opportunity exists for a dynamic individual to join our team of specialists to support supply chain related projects in the PEP business. This is a fast-paced, action-packed role that will directly contribute to our supply chain success.
You will be exposed to various aspects of our supply chain, including Shipping, DCs, Transport and Stores. Through this, you will have the opportunity to diagnose problems, identify solutions, propose improvements and execute action plans. The role will focus largely on operations and facility infrastructure.
This is a perfect role for somebody who will enjoy being immersed in operations and also have the longer-term view to grow his/her supply chain exposure and knowledge. You will work closely with other team members who will provide guidance and support where needed to ensure you grow your knowledge and successfully deliver on projects.
A candidate with a passion for supply chain and a drive to improve processes. A self-starter that takes ownership of their work and is ready to make an impact in the business.
- Development of business cases
- Leading supply chain projects
- Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Mapping and development of supply chain processes
- Developing SOPs to enable optimal business and system integration
- Liaise with various role players and departments to provide supply chain support
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Degree in Industrial Engineering
- 5 years’ experience as an Industrial Engineer
- Project Management experience
- Retail knowledge and exposure will be an advantage
- Experience in Lean and/or Six Sigma methodology will be an advantage
- Advanced level of computer skills, especially MS Excel
- Competencies required: Problem Assessment; Decision Making; Business Acumen; Leadership; Communication; Planning, Organizing and control; Building and maintaining relationships; Learning orientation; Resourcefulness; Confidence and Stress tolerance
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 14th February 2020
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV and copies of ID and certificates.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Apply online at: https://careers.pepstores.com/#
Pep strives for equal opportunity in terms of employment equity guidelines.