LOCATION: SAPS Thohoyandou VCIU, Limpopo
REFERENCES: LIM:11/3/2020 (Two Posts)
Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the
Be a South African Citizen;
A Grade 10(std 8) qualification will serve as an advantage;
Basic literacy, numeracy and communication skills. Be able to read and
Willing to work extended hours when necessary;
Fluency in at least two official languages, of which one must be English;
Must have no previous convictions or cases pending;
Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security
screening and fingerprint verification.
Maintaining of a high level of hygiene in and around the workplace with
the cleaning of the
SAPS premises assigned to, which may include either or both inner and
Performing tasks of a routine nature, such as dusting the environment
Polish furniture and floors
Vacuum carpets and mopping of tile floors
Perform maintenance tasks in and around the assigned premises
Clean bathrooms and kitchens
Safekeeping and handling of a variety of aids in the cleaning of the
Loading and unloading of goods
Garden maintenance services
Washing and cleaning of state vehicles, kitchenware and utensils.
• Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at
SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will
no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be
adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
• The post particulars and reference number of the post must be
correctly specified on the application form.
• A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the
• Copies of an applicant’s ID, Grade10 (Std 8) Certificate and all
educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous
employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the
field of the post.
• In view of corona virus (Covid 19) Pandemic and DPSA instruction,
the certification are not compulsory.
• Qualifications submitted will be subjected to verification checking
with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will
verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference
• Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994
as applicable to the post environment.
• Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be
accepted or considered.
• The closing date for applications is: 2020-07-24.
• If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a
personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
• Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
• Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts,
will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and
Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the
Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate whose
particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders
or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from
appointment to that post.
• All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
• Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you
have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this
advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
• The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after
the advertisement thereof.
• The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment
Office within the South African Police Service.
• Application forms must be hand-delivered to the address indicated
Applications must be deposited into the box at the reception area or
email it to kobeT2@saps.gov.za / MphelaMC@saps.gov.za
44 SCHOEMAN STREET
LAND BANK BUILDING
Enquiries can be directed to the following people: Capt. Kobe/ PPO
at: (015) 290 6024/26
Complete applications must be forwarded to:
Provincial Head Human Resource Management:
South African Police Service
Private Bag X9428