Career Opportunities: Fuel Distribution Officers (82248)
Req Id 82248 – Posted 08/07/2020 – South Africa – Gauteng
Closing date: 17 August 2020
Operating entity: Sasol Energy
Geographical area: Alrode, Secunda & Pretoria Watloo
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The role has to ensure that fuel deliveries are executed on time, accurate (in full), comply with quality requirements and is done safely to customers throughout the Sasol retail & Commercial network.
- Manage the on time and accurate execution of all Fuel Deliveries
- Ensure reliable (in time and full) deliveries with own fleet
- Accurate completion of loading instruction (Fuelfacs and Renaissance) Conduct
- Conduct pre-trip inspections and report defects
- Maintain communication with the Logistics Command Centre in case of deviations.
- Complete shipments accurately and submit reasons for gains / losses
- Execute deliveries according to delivery sequence
- Minimise unproductive time
- Identify potential operational risks including OHS ACT requirement and report to line manager.
- Ensure all incidents are reported, logged and participate in the RCA
- Ensure that there are No Spillages and Contaminations during deliveries
- Comply with site, operational, and SHERQ procedures
- Adhere to policies and procedures so that task is done safely and accurately.
- Grade12 with 5 years’ experience
- CODE EC (Code 14) drivers licence
- In possession of a valid professional driver permit (PrDP) and Dangerous Goods with Hazchem Certificate
- At least 5 years driving experience within the petroleum industry
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- One-Sasol mind set
- Business acumen
- Drives accountability and high performance
- Builds partnerships
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.