This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : email@example.com
The closing date is on 20.07.2020. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : TPT Port Elizabeth MPT
Position Title : SHEQ Officer
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : SHERQ
Location : Port Elizabeth
Reporting To : SHERQ Manager
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 20200662
To ensure that all relevant and updated procedures are issued / implemented at work places and that the NOSA / OHSAS
18001, ISO14001, ISO 9001 SHERQ Management systems are implemented and maintained in all section within the Multi
Purpose Terminal of Port Elizabeth. Be part of a task team to investigate incidents, accidents and assets damage/theft with
the objective of prevention.
- Conduct induction training to new employees and contractors coming on site
- Conduct SHE inspection to ensure adherence to the SHE systems and legislation.
- Arrange monthly SHERQ Committee meetings.
- To attend monthly committee SHERQ meetings at sections to ensure that corrective actions are taken regarding
- Submit monthly SHERQ reports to the SHERQ Manager.
- Compile monthly SHERQ Reports for the SHERQ Manager regarding the incident and IOD’s and update the NOSA board
for public awareness.
- Develop and review procedures to ensure compliance with legislation and policies.
- Monitor the OHSAS 18001 / NOSA management systems to ensure effectiveness.
- Conduct incidents investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Conduct SHERQ Awareness training
- Conduct Risk Assessments in conjunction with the SHERQ Manager.
- To ensure compliance to incoming contractors documentation and HIRA’s for compliance.
- To rotate / show safety posters to internal staff for awareness purposes.
- Conduct refresher safety/health induction training to permanent employees.
- Manage corrective actions on the database (TOMS) to track the trends on non – compliances.
- Submit monthly deviation reports to Line Managers.
- Conduct fire and evacuation drills
- Conduct / accompany external auditor when conducting compliance audits.
- Capture and administer SHE incidents an non-conformances on TOMS
- Audit construction and maintenance contractors
- Conduct SHEQ internal audits as required by management systems and/or procedures.
- Ensure that all SHEQ appointments are made as required by legislation or SHEQ systems.
Qualifications & Experience:
- National Diploma in Health, Safety or Environment
- NOSA 5 star training
Minimum Years Relevant Experience:
1 – 2 years experience in the SHERQ field
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any
suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.