|Artisan/Test Technician (Test) – ENER10400 – (20000068)Description|
Reference Number: ENER10400
Position: Artisan: Test Technician
Division: Operation & Maintenance
Salary: R323 988 – R444 468 p. a. (plus benefits)
- Responsible for installation, commissioning and maintenance of Protection, Test and Metering equipment.
- Perform routine tests and inspection on panel wiring, battery tripping supplies and protection relays
- Test switchgear panels, transformers, cables and all other related test on HV and MV equipment
- Supervise the removal of VT’s and CT’s by Artisan Assistant
- Install, maintain and download power quality instruments
- Programme voltage-regulating relays and inspect and set relays settings according to set standards
- Ensure that completed own and team work adheres to governance and legislative requirements
- Execute administrative and general duties to promote productivity and service delivery
- Investigate and resolve customer queries efficiently and effectively
- Maintain professional interaction and ethical dealings with stakeholders at all times
- Accredited Electrician Trade Test Certificate / N5 Electrical Engineering
- Valid code C1 Driver’s licence with PrDP
- Basic computer skills
- 3 years’ experience in similar environment
- Experience in maintenance of municipal electricity distribution, protection and metering systems will serve as an advantage
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply using an online application system attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za).
Enquiries: Tel: 0860 54 3000; E-mail: email@example.com
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
: Artisan/Test Technician (Test)|Craft and Related Trade Workers
: Operations & Maintenance (ENER) Division Full-time Travel: No