The Road Accident Fund’s mission is to provide appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner; and to actively promote safe use of our roads
The Organisation requires the services of qualified individuals at its Pretoria Regional Office for the following position:-
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
SENIOR OFFICER – DETERMINATION REPRESENTED T.A.S.K GRADE 12
LOCATION: PretoriaCLOSING DATE & TIME: 6/23/2020 11:55 PM
Purpose of the Job: To provide claims handling in complex matters and to supervise the team to ensure prompt and fair settlement of Represented claims.
Key Performance Areas
- Supervise, review and approve assessment on claims.
- Authorization of the appointment of experts.
- Guidance to quantify benefits.
- Evaluation of authorization of interim payments.
- Provide technical support to the claims handlers.
- Effective and efficient Human Resources Management.
- Report on the performance of the section.
- Quantification and authorization of claims and claims settlement offers in accordance with mandate.
- To promote good working relations with stakeholders and manage external stakeholders.
- Litigation management, instructing and liaising with attorneys and advocates.
- Ensure implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to enhance service delivery.
- Ensure adherence to corporate governance within the section.
- Implementation, monitoring and reporting on ad hoc projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQF Level 7 Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma related qualification.
- Relevant 4 years minimum experience in claims environment of which 1 year is on supervisory experience.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Organisational Resilience.
- Personal Mastery.
- Team Resilience.
- Judgement and Decision Making.
- Emotional Wisdom.
- Ethics and governance.
- Customer orientation and customer focus.
- Knowledge of updates of earnings table, pension fund and the impact on loss of support.
- Knowledge of rules of collateral and accelerated benefits.
- Leadership, critical thinker, communication (written and verbal).
- Computer literacy.
- Good business acumen (resource, financial and general management).
- Formulation and submission of statistical reports.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to apply rules and internal policies correctly.
- Thorough knowledge of the claims operating system.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
Total cost to company of the minimum remuneration package applicable to this position is
R502 953.00 per annumand will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner that will suit their needs”
Closing date: 23 June 2020
Applications can be forwarded for attention of the recruitment officer at Menlyn; e-mail address is Thembanim.firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver at 38 Ida Street, Menlo Park.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maxim of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB:Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within 4 weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
NB: It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.