The Road Accident Fund’s mission is to provide appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner; and to actively promote safe use of our roads
The Organization requires the services and skills of qualified individual for the following position, based in Cape Town Regional Office:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
FORENSIC INVESTIGATOR: T.A.S.K GRADE 12
LOCATION: Cape TownCLOSING DATE & TIME: 12/1/2020 11:55 PM
Purpose of the Job: The Forensic Investigator is responsible for the investigation of irregular business activities including misconduct by RAF employees and crime against the RAF.
Key Performance Areas
- Planning and conducting the investigation of cases as assigned to by respective supervisor or management.
- Maintain partnership relationship with prosecuting authorities, law enforcement and internal stakeholders
- Drawing of monthly/ weekly/ reports for the office for transmission to the manager.
- Conduct interviews with claimants and /or witnesses internally and externally.
- Obtaining of statements and documentary evidence relevant to the investigation.
- Uphold confidentiality of information and records.
- Interaction with regulatory bodies i.e. HPCSA, SASSA, PRASSA, SA Nursing Council etc.
- Identify the loopholes in the process that may lead to abuse and report such to Senior Forensic Officer.
- Investigate irregularities identified or brought to his attention with a view of securing prosecution of parties involved.
- Maintain healthy working relationship with Assessors.
- Opening / registering of criminal cases with SAPS/ Hawks and keeping proper records thereof.
- Preparations of criminal or disciplinary cases with the prosecutor or initiator and presenting of evidence in court or departmental hearings.
- Assist and attend to any other requests from Law Enforcement Agencies in relation to the civil liability of the RAF in matters under investigation or completed investigations.
- Support other RAF departments in relation to civil liability of the RAF in matters under investigation or completed investigations.
- Meeting targets as set down by a Forensic Manager/Senior Forensic investigator and performing his/her duties according to the set standards.
- Maintaining and updating of Tracker spreadsheet for effective record keeping and analysis during investigation.
- Investigation of reports received from Tip-Offs anonymous and giving feedback to the Senior Forensic investigator timeously.
- Regular feedback and updates to complainants.
- Involvement in the external fraud campaigns initiated by Forensic Department or in conjunction with Communication Department.
- Effective case management and record keeping i.e. case books, vehicles registers.
- Produce investigation files for quarterly / monthly inspections and brought forward dates.
- Establishment and maintenance of informer networks.
- Implementation of RAF fraud prevention strategy.
- Participation in Forensic projects.
- Reporting the outcomes of investigations to the RAF Forensic management and SAPS and making recommendations regarding possible solutions relevant to the findings in the report.
- NPA and other external stakeholders
- Establish and maintain strategic alliances with all relevant stakeholders including law enforcement agencies.
- Facilitate communication with all levels of stakeholder contact.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with all the stakeholders including staff, the claimants, lawyers, Government departments, the SAPS.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQF Level 7 (Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma) qualification in Law, Accounting or Police or related equivalent.
- Certificate in Forensic Investigation and Criminal Justice will be advantageous.
- Valid Category B or above driver’s licence.
- Relevant 4 years’ experience in a fraud investigation or MVA claims investigation environment.
- Of which 1-year supervisory experience will be advantageous.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Organisational resilience.
- Team resilience.
- Personal Mastery
- Judgement and decision making
- Emotional Wisdom
- Ethics and governance
- Customer orientation and customer focus.
- Technical investigation skills.
- Experience in preparation of cases of court.
- Demonstrable understanding of the criminal procedure act and law of evidence.
- Investigation of crime and knowledge of criminal justice system.
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R502 953.00per annum and will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in manner that will suit their needs”.
Closing date: 01 December 2020
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at the RAF, Cape Town branch; e-mail address is CPTRecruitment@raf.co.zaOR hand delivered to 2nd Floor, Correspondence Department, 1 Thibault Square, Long Street, Cape Town.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages.
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB:Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
Security vetting shall be conducted on all prospective employees.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and provide proof of such evaluation.