The Road Accident Fund’s mission is to provide appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner; and to actively promote safe use of our roads
The Organisation requires the services of qualified individuals for the following position of Administrative Assistant on a Three (3) Months Fixed Term Contract the position will be based in their Pretoria Regional Office.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
ADMINISTRTIVE ASSISTANT: DOCUMENT SERVICES/MAILROOM T.A.S.K GRADE 06 X 03
CLOSING DATE & TIME: 2/16/2021 11:55 PM
Purpose of the Job: To provide an efficient and effective documents management service.
Key Performance Areas
Process incoming / outgoing mail and mail batching.
- Receive, register and stamp incoming correspondence.
- Hand documents for scanning.
- Ensure efficient and timely delivery of mail within the RAF.
- Separate incoming documents and faxes and sort according to destination.
- Ensure files, correspondence and all other documentation is filed according to established policy and procedure.
- Prepare outgoing mail for posting.
- Ensure that outgoing mail is correctly priced and franked.
- Record details of all registered mail and Docex Tracker mail.
- Declare monies received and capture in register
- Prepare bulk mailing.
- Check addresses and ensure Docex is sent to Docex, Normal and Registered mail to the Post Office.
Perform a range of correspondence Management responsibilities
- Perform scanning & indexing.
- Check that all mail has been verified before scanning.
Belongs to the Junior Officer Level or above. Belongs to the Junior Officer Level or above.
- Ensure that the copying and binding machines are maintained in working order.
- Monitor and make sure that requests for copying or binding are executed efficiently and timeously.
- Ensure quality of copying and binding.
- Belongs to the Junior Officer Level or above. Messenger’s responsibility.
- Archiving assistant’s responsibility.
- Ensure that mail and files are validated and prepared before scanning.
- Sort documents according to document class and insert separator pages between classes.
- Ensure that all scanned mail and files are indexed and successfully released to Share Point.
- Receive, stamp, sort, identify, scan and capture writs and summons.
- Check documents and contact attorneys for further information or reference numbers.
- Capture documents in register.
- Insure items if necessary.
Perform Banking Indemnity Form (BIF) processing.
- Capture and verify information recorded on the BIF.
- Liaise with stakeholders.
- Contribute to Ensuring that claimants and suppliers are paid timeously by meeting turnaround times.
- Ensure that critical timeframes is adhered to.
- Minimize the risk of fraud exposure.
- Adhere to BIF rules and SOP’s to ensure compliance
Render maintenance of Correspondence Management Infrastructure, equipment’s and material.
- Report that all mailroom-related equipment is serviced and in good working condition at all times.
- Report on the maintenance of the franking machine in terms of technical maintenance and the loading of money. Belongs to the Admin officer or senior Officer Level.
- Paste the registered mail tracking stickers. Belongs to the Admin officer or senior Officer Level.
- Perform searches and or retrieve documents from Share Point / MOSS.
- Highlight areas of problems and make recommendations to Line management.
Qualifications and Experience:
· NQF 4 (Matric or Grade 12) qualification.
- Relevant 1 year experience in an administrative environment.
Technical and behavioral competencies required:
- Communication skills
- Planning & organisational
- Computer literacy
- Team work
- Diversity awareness
- Analytical thinking.
- Personal Mastery
- Emotional Wisdom
- Ethics and Governance
- Customer orientation and customer focus
Total cost to company of the minimum remuneration package applicable to this position is
R185 338.00 per annum and will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner that will suit their needs”
Closing date: 16 February 2021
Applications can be forwarded for attention of the Recruitment Officer in Pretoria ; e-mail address is email@example.com or Hand delivered at 38 Ida Street, Menlo Park, Pretoria.
.INSTRUCTIONS TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maxim of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
- Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
Security vetting shall be conducted on all prospective employees
It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.
- The positions are Three (3) Months Fixed Term Contract