Porter / Driver x2 – 3 year contract – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel – Port Elizabeth – Grade B3
Published Date: 6 Mar 2020
Closing Date: 12 Mar 2020
TASK 17 000: CDC CORPORATE MANAGEMENT
SUB-TASK D: OPERATIONS: Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel – Port Elizabeth
JOB DESCRIPTION: Porter/Driver x2 (3-year contract)
The Porter/Driver is accountable to the Guest Experience Team Leader – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel; a division of the Coega Development Corporation (CDC). The Porter/Driver is responsible for welcoming and transporting the guests visiting the Blue Water Bay Sunrise Hotel and staff members.
The Porter/Driver is mandated by the Board of Directors of Coega Development Corporation to take responsibility for ensuring the overall positive guest experience under the direction of the Guest Experience Team Leader and ultimately the General Manager – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel.
3 RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
Reporting to the Guest Experience Team Leader, this position’s primary responsibility is to ensure all guests have a satisfactory experience while staying at the Sunrise Blue Water Bay Hotel.
In pursuance of this primary objective, the Porter/Driver is required to:
- Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all guests and patrons
- Check in guests and do rooming
- Assist guests with luggage to and from rooms
- Be able to showcase hotel to guests
- Assist with guest queries and make necessary arrangements for guests, including but not limited to transport, restaurant and other bookings
- Make recommendations to guests for leisure activities
- Promote specials and promotions to guests
- Promote loyalty amongst a broad range of guests
- Upsell rooms and other hotel services and products
- Transport guests and staff when required
- Run errands for the Hotel as authorized by Management
- Ensure hotel vehicle/s is always in a clean condition
- Complete trip log sheet hotel vehicle usage
- Ensure hotel vehicle is serviced in accordance with service book
- Obeys the laws of South Africa when driving hotel vehicle at all times
- Assist with other tasks within the hotel when required
- Display a high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Well organized
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Able to exercise discretion
- Good memory and neatly dressed at all times
- Good command of the English language
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Hospitable and friendly demeanor
- Good sales person
- Matric or equivalent is essential;
- Minimum of 3 (three years) in similar role or Receptionist role from a 3,4, & 5-star hotel;
- Valid Code 10 Driver’s License and PDP – kept up to date at all times;
- Knowledge of Property Management Systems advantageous;
- Able to work shifts including nights, weekends and public holidays;
- Fully computer literate.
6 PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Performance is monitored regularly by reference to Key Performance Indicators and Balanced Scorecard.
The appointment of candidates is subject to the verification of all their credentials (employment history, educational, financial, criminal and any other checks as may be necessary). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and if you have not heard from us within one month of submitting your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
All applications must be forwarded to email@example.com