The President of the Republic of South Africa proclaimed, by Proclamation No 44 of
2010, the establishment of the Office of the Chief Justice (OCJ) as a National Department
on 23 August 2010 to support the Chief Justice as the Head of the Judiciary and the
Head of the Constitutional Court. The services of the following dynamic person/s are
required to capacitate the Office:
REFERENCE : 2020/97/OCJ
POST : TYPIST
CENTRE : HIGH COURT: BISHO
LEVEL : 4
SALARY : R145 281.00 per annum. The successful candidate will be
required to sign a performance agreement.
• Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
• Minimum typing speed of 35 wpm.
• Shortlisted candidates will be required to pass a typing test.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Computer literacy (MS Word).
• Good communication skills (written and verbal).
• Accuracy and attention to details.
• Good interpersonal relations.
• Planning and organization skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Telephone etiquette.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Typing of appeals, reviews, reports, minutes, circulars, notice of set downs, witness
• statements, taxing master reports.
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
• Assist with fleet management.
• Typing of memorandums and court orders.
• Relief administrative personnel where necessary.
• Filing, assist on switchboard operation and opening files.
• Dealing with public queries and other administration duties.
• Drawing of files, and any other tasks allocated by the supervisor
ENQUIRIES: Mr. S Mponzo (043) 726 5217
APPLICATIONS: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The
Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Postal Address: Private Bag
x 13012, Cambridge 5206, East London or hand deliver applications to:
59 Western Avenue, Sanlam Park Building, 2nd Floor, Vincent 5242, East
CLOSING DATE: 18 SEPTEMBER 2020
NOTE: In the filling of the advertised posts, the objectives of the Constitution
of South Africa, 1996 and the staffing policy of the Public Service
broadly will be taken into consideration. Applications must be submitted
on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department. A
completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently
updated comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all
qualification(s), identity document and driver’s license. A SAQA
evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications. Applications
that do not comply with the above- mentioned requirements will not
The Office of the Chief Justice is an equal opportunity employer. In the
filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1)(i) of the
Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996), the Employment
Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act
55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of the Department
will be taken into consideration. The successful candidate/s will be
subjected to Pre-Vetting (Pre-Screening). Financial records will only
be checked and considered for applicants applying for Finance related
posts. Upon appointment applicants will be subjected to vetting with
the purpose of determining their security competency.
All candidates selected for SMS posts must undergo a competency
assessment after the interview. If you do not hear from us within 3
months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has
been unsuccessful. The Department reserves the right not to fill these