Soweto Local Office – Legal Practitioner – Civil Level 2
REF: SOW/LP-CIVIL L2/05/06/2020
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
LEGAL PRACTITIONER – CIVIL LEVEL 2
SOWETO LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 11 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Soweto.
- Provide civil legal aid to the poor in the coverage area of the unit.
- Handling of complex civil matters.
- Supervise and guide civil Candidate Attorneys and Paralegals.
- Assist in providing support and assistance to civil sections of Office in the designated cluster.
- Represent women, children and vulnerable landless people in all civil matters.
- Perform office administration.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Admitted attorney/advocate (the latter must have completed pupilage successfully at an institution recognised by Legal Aid SA).
- LLB or B Proc degree.
- At least five years’ post-admission civil experience.
- Right of appearance in the High Court.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical ability and excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Self-development orientation.
- A valid driver’s license is an advantage.
BASIC SALARY: R510,432.00 plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 24 June 2020, quoting the reference number SOW/LP-CIVIL L2/05/06/2020 in the subject line toGPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Joseph Moyo, Tel: 011 938 3547
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online