Centurion/ Upington/ Pietermaritzburg/ Cape Town/ Vryburg/ Nelspruit/ Ermelo/ East London
Job Advert Summary
The Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa (Land Bank) is South Africa’s only specialist agricultural bank established in 1912, the bank’s sole objective is to serve South African commercial and emerging farmers and bring specially designed financial services within their reach. These services enable farmers to finance land, equipment, improve assets and obtain production credit. The Land Bank provides financial services that have moved with the times and continues to provide services to agri-business and constantly reviews its offerings to ensure that they match the needs of an industry. As change has swept across the sector in South Africa the socio-economic makeup of agriculture has altered, bringing new entrants from historically disadvantaged backgrounds on to the land, these new farmers, facing the challenges of establishing sustainable agri-businesses across the agricultural value chain, Land Bank has been a commercial lifeline offering appropriately designed financial products that facilitate personal and commercial viability in a sector that is vital to the sustainability of South Africa and its people.
Key Performance Areas
• The completion of all duties in a professional manner as determined by the allocated Manager in relation to the field of specialisation.
• Ensure personal development of own skills in the qualification specialist area and as per development plan.
• Administrative duties as allocated by the responsible Manager.
• Compilation or undertaking research; or
• Report writing, memorandums.
Preferred Minimum Education and Experience
The applicant should have a minimum of a 3 year completed tertiary qualification in:
• Development Studies /Social Studies /Community Development/ Public Administration/ Environment and Sustainability related studies.
• Accounting/Finance Services/ Corporate Finance
• Risk Management
• Bachelor of Business Administration
• Bsc Mathematics
• Bcom General
• Credit qualification with Accounting level 3
• Agricultural qualification /Economics / B Com / Finance / Credit
• Bcom Finance or any Finance / Accounting / Investment Banking qualification
• National Diploma / Degree in Information Technology
Applicant should not have any previous work experience or currently participating in any internship/learnership.
• Report writing
• Presentation and Analytical skills
• Good Communication (both written, verbal)
• Attention to Detail
• Problem Solving
• Administrative and Co-ordination abilities
• Microsoft Office
• Extended hours as and when required
• Travel as and when required
• Application to be accompanied by an official academic record – Compulsory