Full Job Description
This position is responsible for gathering the eggs, the health and wellbeing of the turkeys and maintaining the cleanliness of the barn.
Select Genetics presents a solid platform to serve customers on a national and international scale by providing quality poults, service, and innovation. Select Genetics is the leading supplier of poults to growers and companies across the world.
The Egg Picker/Gatherer employee will:
Collect and accurately count the eggs.
- Wash and disinfect turkey production facilities in a safe and organized manner.
- Follow all of the company’s rules and regulations for bio security, animal welfare and safety.
- Work productively in a team environment and be willing to help in any area to get the job done.
- Work with a variety of tools and equipment.
- Have the ability to push, bend, stoop, squat, pull and lift 50lbs or more.
- Successfully work with live animals.
- Organize and prioritize responsibilities to ensure efficient operations
- Perform the duties of the job while constantly moving and using hands, occasionally lifting heavy objects while being exposed to dust, cold, humidity, heat, chemicals and fumes.
- Work an extended work day, if needed.
Sanitize and disinfect turkey production facilities and equipment.
- Effective time management.
- Use various tools and protocols to disinfect equipment and facilities.
- Repair and/or direct the repair of the equipment as needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Schedule varies depending on the farm. Most weekends are required.
- Occasionally work on various farms if requested.
- Have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Follow all company regulations pertaining to bio security, animal welfare and safety.
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Responsibilities and task outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience in poultry preferred.
- A valid Missouri Driver’s License and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record preferred.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaking skills a plus.
Send cv to: email@example.com