Engineer Production Mechanical/Electrical/Structural GRADE A-C
- Reference Number : refs/006552
- Directorate : Education and Health Branch
- Number of Posts : 16
- Package : R 718 059. 00-R 1 090 458.00 per annum (All-inclusive Package)
- Enquiries : Ms. Kanukani Tshindane Tel: 072 668 0029 / 076 521 4118
- An Engineering degree (B Eng / BSC (Eng) or relevant qualification. A minimum of 3 years’post qualification experience in Engineering is required. Must be a registered as a Professional Engineer with ECSA. Must have a valid driver’s license. COMPETENCIES: Public Service Act of 1994.Public Service Regulations, 2016.PFMA and Treasury Regulations. Provincial/Departmental SCM policies. Government Immovable Asset Management Act of 2007.National Building Standards Act of 1977 and Regulations. Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993 and Regulations. Health Act, Regulations and Guidelines. National Environmental Management Act of 1998.Engineering Profession Act of 2000. Engineering design and analysis Programme and project management. Computer-aided engineering applications. Knowledge of legal compliance. Skills- Decision making, Team leadership, Analytical, Creativity, Self-management, Financial management, Customer focus and responsiveness, Communication, Computer literacy Conflict management, Problem solving, Research, Technical report writing and Networking.
- Plan, design, operate and maintain engineering projects. Develop cost effective solutions according to standards. Evaluate existing technical manuals, standard drawings and procedures to incorporate new technology. Develop tender specifications. Ensure through evaluation that planning and design by others is done according to sound engineering principles and according to norms and standards and code of practice. Approve engineering works according to prescribed norms and standards. Ensure training and development of technicians, technologists and candidate engineers to promote skills/knowledge transfer and adherence to sound engineering principles and code of practice. Supervise the engineering work and processes. Administer performance management and development. Keep up with new technologies and procedures. Research on engineering technology to improve expertiseLiaise with relevant bodies/councils on engineering-related matters. Manage resources and prepare and consolidate inputs for facilitation of resource utilisation. Ensure adherence to regulations and procedures for procurement and personnel administration. Monitor and control expenditure. Report on expenditure and service delivery.
- Note: PLEASE NOTE: To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za Only online applications will be considered and for general enquiries please contact Human Resources on 072 668 0029/076 521 4118.
- NB: For assistance with online applications please email your query to email@example.com.
- It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post and candidates whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference.
- It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. Disabled people are encouraged to apply.
- If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Infrastructure Development
Location : Head Office (Johannesburg)
Closing Date : 06-11-2020
|Do you have Engineering degree (B Eng / BSC (Eng) or relevant qualification?|
|Do you have a minimum of 3 years’ post qualification experience in Engineering?|
|Are you registered as a Professional Engineer with ECSA?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.