CGS INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: OFFICE OF THE CEO
The Council for Geoscience (CGS) is mandated to collect and curate all geoscience data in South Africa, both on- and offshore. It aims to use these data to find meaningful geoscience solutions to respond to real-world challenges. With its Head Office situated in Silverton Pretoria, the CGS takes pride in having and building a winning team of scientists within the various fields of geoscience.
The CGS is calling on suitably qualified and interested graduates to come and apply for its current Internship Programme offering for a period of two (2) years. The purpose of the Internship is to support and equip six (6) graduates with practical work experience and provide them with exposure to work areas within their respective career fields.
Eligibility: New graduates in Public Relations, Legal, Industrial/Labour Relations and Administration
Educational Qualification: A Degree or Diploma in relevant field or area
- Financial support
- Monthly stipend
- Informal training (short-courses)
- Non-financial support
- Working on geoscientific projects to contribute to a prosperous South Africa
Key Attributes Required:
- Well organised and ability to prioritise own work
- Meets deadlines
- Report writing
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Computer literate (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Speak English at business fluency level
How to apply:
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote the position title as reference when submitting your application. The closing date for application is the 6th May 2020.
- A certified South African identity Document (SA Citizen by birth)
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence
(Please ensure that all documents are certified)
Contact details: For more information on the CGS Internship programme, please contact Nontobeko Scheppers on 012 841 1911 or email email@example.com .