In terms of its Employment Equity Plan, the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is committed to employment practices that redress past imbalances in respect of race, gender, creed and disability, and as such the relevant policy will be considered during selection and placement.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position. Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
CORPORATE SERVICES DIRECTORATE
COORDINATOR: OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
POSITION CODE 200106
TASK GRADE 12 (R384 408 – 534 444 per annum)
(Basic salary only, excluding benefits)
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting or Public Administration.
- A minimum of 2 -3 years’ relevant working experience.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Applications.
- Analytical and technical skills in assessing, understanding and delivering business requirements.
- Good communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of MFMA and the Municipality’s SCM Regulations and financial systems.
- Ability to manage office staff and controlling expenditure of the office.
- Managing and directing the application procedures and sequences associated with office and financial administration for the Communications Office through developing and maintaining the administration system
- Monitoring the office filing system
- Compiling the Capital and Operational Budgets
- Monitoring the implementation of the SDBIP
- Personnel management
- Preparing responses and providing information to support query resolution
- Executing specific actions to facilitate compliance with statutory regulations and by-laws
- Attending to specific communications reporting functions.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be tested on any requirement, skill or competency, which will include pre-employment screening, a medical examination, security vetting and psychometric assessment.
Fringe benefits will include membership of a Retirement Fund, Medical Aid Scheme, Group Life Assurance Scheme, participation in a Housing Subsidy and Car Schemes (subject to the conditions of the various Schemes), and normal leave and sick leave benefits.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Applications must be made and submitted electronically; hand delivered or mailed applications for this position will not be accepted.
Kindly note that all applications for employment should be completed and submitted online on the municipal website at www.nelsonmandelabay.gov.za(go to “Vacancies’ to find the official employment application form of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality). The completed application form must be submitted electronically from this site, accompanied by certified and scanned copies of academic qualifications and a CV.
Please complete one employment application form per vacancy.
Telephonic enquiries may be directed to the Receptionist, tel: 041 506 3259.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY, 20 MARCH 2020 before 14h00.
Ref. 35 – 9 March 2020