INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERT
The Johannesburg Social Housing Company SOC Limited (JOSHCO) mandate is to develop and manage
affordable rental housing for the lower market as an integral part of efforts to eradicate the housing
backlog of the City of Johannesburg. JOSHCO is a registered Social Housing Institution and is accredited by
the Social Housing Regulatory Authority (SHRA). JOSHCO invites suitably qualified and experienced
persons to apply for the following vacant positions.
Position : Administrator (Internal Audit)
Employment Status : Fixed Term Contract (3 Months)
Department : CEO Office
Purpose of the Job: – To investigate the Unauthorized, Irregular, and Fruitless & Wasteful (UIFW)
expenditure that JOSHCO incur in the past financial years.
Responsibilities (but not limited to the following):
• Gather, review, and analyze data in support of an investigation.
• Conduct information-seeking interviews.
• Prepare clear, comprehensive and cohesive investigative reports and memoranda on time.
• Prepare work papers to adequately document investigations performed with supporting evidence for
• Assist the Internal Audit Manager with other reporting activities relating to the investigation.
• Identify opportunities for innovation in the investigation as well as client processes and develop
practical solutions that will assist JOSHO to avoid UIFW expenditure.
Minimum Job Requirements Interested applicants must be in possession of:
• BCom Degree /BTech in Accounting or Internal Audit (equivalent).
• Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or Chartered Accountant.
• Member of a recognized regulatory body or institute. E.g. ACFE, IIA or SAICA.
• A minimum of 8 years auditing experience and at least 4 years should be in investigations related.
• A minimum of 4 years managerial role experience.
• Knowledge and understating of MFMA Circular 68.
• Knowledge of the MFMA; Treasury Regulations and Public Service Regulations; Internal Auditing
Standards; the South African Auditing Standards.
• Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations relating to municipalities and systems
(IDP and GDS).
• Strong commercial understanding ‐impact and credibility within all levels of the business and ability
• General Management Skills: Communication, Advanced systems skills, Computer, Facilitation, Conflict
Management, Relationship Management, Project Management, Ethical, General Management,
Knowledge of policy and procedure development and implementation Data Analysis skills, Budgeting
and Budget Management skills and Problem-solving skills.
• Technical Knowledge and Skills: Auditing, Statutory compliance, Accounting, Financial Management,
Corporate Governance, Budgeting and, Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Attributes: Emotional Intelligence, Persuasion, Assertiveness, Interpersonal Skills, Attention to detail,
Adaptability and flexibility, and Situational sensitivity.
Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their CV’s together with certified
copies of qualifications and ID to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position applying
for. Failure to submit the required documents will result in your application not being
JOSHCO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and all appointments will be
made in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan to promote its representivity (race,
gender and disability).
Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates and applicants who
have not been contacted within 6 weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful.
the right not to make an appointment.
The closing date for applications is 19 October 2020.