Posted on February 3, 2020 by admin
This Vacancy is open to External Applicants AND Employees of the City of Johannesburg
1. Department: Private Office of the Executive Mayor (POEM)
Branch: Office of the MMC’s
Designation: Personal Assistant X10 Annual Total Rem
Package: R457 095.99 (all-inclusive cost to company) Appointment
• Grade 12/NQF level 4 is required;
• Secretarial and/or Administrative Diploma (NQF level 5) or suitably qualified candidates as defined by Section 20(3) of the EE Act will be considered;
• 3 years’ experience operating at a Senior Secretarial level within a government environment;
• Experience in administration and document management;
• Computer Literacy in MS Office and Internet; and
• High degree of interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of staff, the public and Councillors
• Must have a valid driver’s licence.
Primary Function: Provide assistance to the Member of Mayoral Committee (MMC) through the Office manager in all administrative activities. Assist in preparing for meetings, minute taking and the implementation of decisions taken at meetings to ensure that the responsibilities of the Office of the MMC is followed through and completed within required standards and deadlines.
Key Performance Areas: Provide assistance to the MMC in terms of logistics and recording of meeting outcomes. Ensure diary management of the MMC. Provide office support and administrative assistance to the MMC. Provide an effective documentation management system. Provide general office assistance. Manage internal liaison services from both the administration, political and stakeholder areas. Provide assistance with ad-hoc functions/events.
Leading Competencies: Teamwork and Accountability; Ability to work under pressure.
Core Competencies: High level of confidentiality; Attention to detail; Initiative; Professionalism; Sound judgement; Work independently and under pressure; Multi-skilled on a range of roles applicable to the position.
Contact Person: Tsholofelo Tlhotlhomisang
E-Mail: TsholofeloT@joburg.org.za Tel No: (011) 407 6311
Workplace: 158 Civic Boulevard, Metropolitan Centre, Braamfontein
Was this helpful?
0 / 0