Share this post on
City of Johannesburg: General Worker
Closing Date: Thursday, 04 May 2023
- Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant and updated
documents (Certified Qualification/s/Certificates, ID, and CV).
- Applicants should take note that they can be required to provide proof of original
documents during the selection process.
- You will be requested to provide a brief description of your work experience relating to
- Applicants with membership to professional bodies need to provide a membership
number and expiry date.
- If you are an internal applicant, your employee number will be required.
- The City of Johannesburg is currently recruiting and will not demand payment in any
form for any job placement. All vacancies are advertised in newspapers and on the CoJ
- The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per the National
legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these
requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are
consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be
used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
- However, registering your CV and/or receipt and acknowledgement of any kind shall not
be an indication that your application will be successful and/or lead to employment.
- The City of Johannesburg shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of
whatsoever nature arising from your use of the job opportunity section of this website.
- The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Department: Community Development
Branch: Library and Information Services
Designation: General Worker
Remuneration: R9 043.21 pm (basic salary, excluding benefits)
Location: Region A – G, Solomon Street
- Grade 10/NQF level 2 is required;
- General housekeeping and basic cleaning skills.
- 3 – 6 months relevant experience;
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
The position will undertake cleaning and other basic housekeeping duties within a
facility and assist in messaging duties.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide daily cleaning to create a clean and healthy environment.
- Assist with deliveries.
- Assist facility staff as and when requested/necessary.
- Assist with maintenance matters.
- Teamwork & ability to read and write.
- Perform cleaning duties;
- Be a valuable member of a team.
- Perform physical work /activities and lifting heavy objects.
“All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be
considered. The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment
equity as per National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider
designated groups in line with these requirements. Preference will be given to
previously disadvantaged groups including those with disabilities.
Appointments will be made in accordance with the approved Employment
Equity Plan to promote its equitable representation in terms of race, gender and
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by
using the following link below:
- REGION A: https://share-eu1.hsforms.com/1KuxJtTeZQACCk9cAGhSB3Aew554
- REGION B: https://share-eu1.hsforms.com/1X1N7_M7ZQnyQtab0jEqNcQew554
- REGION C: https://share-eu1.hsforms.com/1l-O7hFMhRDmf0QrUqkL4qAew554
- REGION D: https://share-eu1.hsforms.com/1tLUPyF4_QC2jWDPNFtGl3wew554
- REGION E: https://share-eu1.hsforms.com/1Ni0KUte1SX62mur9q7GvAQew554
- REGION F: https://share-eu1.hsforms.com/1msrEcUmrTH6mIVptsUX8Zgew554
- REGION G: https://share-eu1.hsforms.com/1Tpg2Vf5CT3WVF3gzXdd8Fwew554
APPLY ONLINE VIA: www.joburg.org.za
Contact Person: Nonjabulo Sibiya
Tel No: 011 407 6039
CLOSING DATE: THURSDAY, 04 MAY 2023
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of
appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they
must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your
application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that
the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for
the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process. In terms of
the Talent Acquisition Policy of the City of Johannesburg, you hereby consent
to the following risk checks should your application be shortlisted:
- Credit Record,
- CV validation and
- Employment record verification,
- Criminal check, and
- Identity validation.