JOB TITLE: Sales Management Trainee
LOCATION: Cape Town
CONTRACT TYPE: Limited Duration
DATE: Feb 1, 2021
SALES MANAGEMENT TRAINEE
OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAM
A degree does not mean that your learning journey has ended. Progression, improvement and curiosity keep us growing both as a company and as individuals. That‘s why we created the Future Leaders Program which provides the foundations for a challenging job in one of the fastest moving industries. What makes this program unique is that adidas has recognised the need to employ and grow ambitious, driven and passionate people of colour (POC) in the sporting retail industry. We have created this program to elevate and grow POC in their careers to support our country and company’s objectives to ensure we are more diverse. Our Future Leaders will have the opportunity to connect with our consumers and drive diversity of thinking within our organisation.
If you meet the criteria, in this one-and-a-half-year program, you will max your creative and analytic potential and have fun while doing so.
Please note that this is an employment equity position.
Join us in one of the following different core areas and keep the training going:
– BRAND MARKETING
– SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE
– ECOM & DIGITAL
– DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER & RETAIL
You will be based at our HQ in Cape Town, South Africa, and you will embark on a New Manager certified course, in partnership with the Graduate School of Business, whilst working at the best sports company in the world. You will have a personal coach, a mentor, a line manager and HR to support you. You will also spend time in our stores and with our Leadership team completing various workshops and learning experiences to ensure you are embedded in our three stripes.
You will fulfil a fulltime role within the selected department based on your skills and experience, where you will make an impact on the business and your performance will be measured accordingly. You will also be assigned a group project which allows individuals to demonstrate their teamwork and innovative thinking skills.With adidas, your career path has unlimited possibility. Our Future Leaders Program offer the chance to kickstart your career without borders. There is no guarantee of a permanent placement at the end of the program, however should you bring your best, we will try our best to ensure you stay within the adidas family within South Africa, or globally.
• To ensure profitable market share and net sales growth within the sales team in South Africa while respecting the image of the adidas Group brands
• To passionately assist the Senior Sales Director in identifying, developing and implementing strategies for the profitable growth of the adidas Group brands
• To support the overall strategy for the Sales portfolio based on Global and South African strategies jointly with the Senior Sales Director
• Order book management, and timely call-off of stock
• Alignment with CtC and Marketing team for support of accounts
• Ensure customers are buying product in the correct segmentation
• To support negotiation and enforcement of adidas Group trade terms
• To ensure all customers are allocated to the correct sales channels
• To group customers, set objectives, strategies, tactics, allocate resources and ensure translation into action plans respecting the framework set by the customer portfolio strategies
• To develop and monitor the WHS e-com business in line with global and local e-com policy
• Global: Centre of Excellence (CoE) Wholesale
• Cluster: Brands, Customer Service, Sales Coordination, Business Development, Controlling, Planning, Logistics, Orderbook Management
• Supply chain
• Key Business Partners (Finance, HR, IT)
• External: Customers, Agencies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Practical experience an advantage (preferably in a marketing, digital and sales environment)
• Embodies adidas’ core behaviors summarized in “3 Cs”: Creativity, Confidence & Collaboration
• An entrepreneurial mindset who push boundaries
• Structured, organized and process orientated
• Attention to detail as this has curtail impact on the business
• Ability to work within a team and high-pressure environment
• Broad and deep theoretical understanding of channel operations
• Passionate about sports and an energetic team player
• Advanced user of MS Office suite of products
• Leadership and influencing skills
• Strong analytical skills, creative problem solving and strong customer focus and mindset
• Fluent in English and excellent communication skills
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ year University degree in business, ideally with a marketing and sales focus
• Experience: 12 months + is advantageous
• Please submit a creative motivation telling us why you feel you are a future adidas leader
• Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile in your CV if you have one
AT ADIDAS WE HAVE A WINNING CULTURE. BUT TO WIN, PHYSICAL POWER IS NOT ENOUGH. JUST LIKE ATHLETES OUR EMPLOYEES NEED MENTAL STRENGTH IN THEIR GAME. WE FOSTER THE ATHLETE‘S MINDSET THROUGH A SET OF BEHAVIORS THAT WE WANT TO ENABLE AND DEVELOP IN OUR PEOPLE AND THAT ARE AT THE CORE OF OUR UNIQUE COMPANY CULTURE – THE 3CS: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION AND CREATIVITY.
- CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning – it helps us improve.
- COLLABORATION. Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
- Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY. No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
ADIDAS CELEBRATES DIVERSITY, SUPPORTS INCLUSIVENESS AND ENCOURAGES INDIVIDUAL EXPRESSION IN OUR WORKPLACE. WE DO NOT TOLERATE THE HARASSMENT OR DISCRIMINATION TOWARD ANY OF OUR APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.