Share this post on
2020/2021 UNDERGRADUATE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME IN HEALTH TECHNOLOGY – CLINICAL ENGINEERING
The Western Cape Government Department of Health is commencing with an internship programme in clinical engineering for engineering undergraduates meeting the below-mentioned criteria, residing in the Western Cape and holding South African citizenship.
Applicants need to have completed and passed all S4 subjects required for the National Diploma in one of the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering – Light Current
- Mechanical Engineering
- Clinical Engineering
Women and people with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The WCG: Health Clinical Engineering Internship Programme is a youth programme (ages 20 to 35) providing a unique opportunity to gain practical work experience in medical equipment maintenance for a maximum period of twelve (12) months at various clinical engineering facilities within the Cape Town metropole, while receiving a monthly stipend of R4458.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS/INDIVIDUALS:
- Only applications submitted online via [URL Removed] (click “online applications”) will be accepted. After application had been submitted all candidates will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of application but if you do not receive a further response within 3 months of said e-mail, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Applicants who do not have access to computers or internet compatible cellphones are encouraged to make use of the following internet facilities: a) your local library, b) your local Thusong service Centre, c) the Khanya Laboratory at local government/public schools, d) the Western Cape Government Walk-in Centre at 4 Dorp Street, Cape Town or 5) An Internet Café
- No posted, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
Please note: The WCG Department of Health will not be held responsible for any costs relating to relocation, subsistence and travelling.
Enquiries: Ms NT Albertus, tel. Contact Number
Closing 13 December 2019
- Applicants need to have completed and passed all S4 subjects required for the National Diploma
Desired Qualification Accreditation
- Grade 12 / Matric