Share this post on
Waitron x6 – 1 year hourly paid contract – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel – Port Elizabeth – Grade B1
Published Date: 6 Mar 2020
Closing Date: 12 Mar 2020
TASK 17 000: CDC CORPORATE MANAGEMENT
SUB-TASK D: OPERATIONS – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel – Port Elizabeth
JOB DESCRIPTION: Waitron x6 (1 year hourly paid contract)
The Waitron is accountable to the Restaurant Supervisor- Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel; a division of the Coega Development Corporation (CDC). The Waitron is responsible for serving of food and beverages to hotel guests.
The Waitron is mandated by the Board of Directors of Coega Development Corporation to take responsibility for the delivery of food and beverage under the direction of the Restaurant Supervisor and ultimately the General Manager – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel.
3 RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
Reporting to the Restaurant Supervisor, this position’s primary responsibility is to serve the food and beverage offering to the patrons in the hotel.
In pursuance of this primary objective, Waitron is required to:
· Ensure sufficient crockery and cutlery during service
· Ensure Restaurant area is cleaned for visitors to the dining area
· Speedily remove all used crockery and cutlery once guest has finished their meal
· Maintains the cleanliness and sanitization of the restaurant equipment
· Keep all food preparation areas clean and correctly sanitized
· Sweep, wash and scrubs floors as needed
· Take food and drinks orders and ensures these are rung up
· Takes payment and does cash up after each shift
· Stores refuse in designated areas
· Upsells the offering of the hotel especially of the food and beverage department
· Assists with room service orders and special requests made by guests
· Ensure food and beverages areas are neat and tidy at all time
· Any other similar tasks as designated by management
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Ability to work shifts including weekends, public holidays and night shift
· Willingness to follow instruction
· Willingness to learn
· Confidence, neatness and polite
· Logical thinking and taking orders
· Ability complete tasks complete tasks as assigned
· Matric or equivalent is essential;
· Minimum experience of 3 years as a waitron in an upmarket establishment;
· Previous experience in 4 or 5* Hotel advantageous;
· Ability to work shifts including night work and working on weekends and public holidays
· Solid understanding of different types of food and beverages
6 PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
· Performance is monitored regularly by reference to Key Performance Indicators and Balanced Scorecard.
The appointment of candidates is subject to the verification of all their credentials (employment history, educational, financial, criminal and any other checks as may be necessary). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and if you have not heard from us within one month of submitting your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
All applications must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org