Bitou Municipality is inviting applications for the following vacancy from suitably qualified professionals
POSITION: TRAFFIC OFFICER GR 3/2/1
DIRECTORATE: COMMUNITY SERVICES
DIVISION: TRAFFIC SERVICES
SECTION: OPERATIONAL SERVICES
BASIC SALARY: R 236 726.92 – R 307 270.57 (T10) + MUNICIPAL BENEFITS
REFERENCE NO.: NOTICE: 225 of 2021
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
● Traffic Training Diploma accredited by the Institute of Traffic and Municipal Officers of Southern Africa (NQF 5)
● 2-year relevant experience.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
● Valid Code EC and A Driver’s Licence
● Computer literacy (MS Office Applications)
●Proficiency in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape (read, write and speak)
● Good human relations, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
● High level of responsibility
● Ability to work under pressure
●Be able to perform standby and shift duties, work during emergencies and planned overtime
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: Attends to specific activities associated with controlling traffic flow and road safety ● Monitor and patrol the Municipal area and attends to situations / behaviour deemed inappropriate and non-conforming
● Enforce specific bylaws, road traffic and safety regulations, and/ or attending to specific infringement of road safety rules
● Attend to the application of specific maintenance sequences with respect to equipment and vehicles
● Attend to specific procedural administrative requirements, record keeping and reporting deadlines related to the Section
● Keep abreast of developments, emerging trends and latest technologies in the profession
Work related enquiries can be directed to Mr. S Ganga; email@example.com or on telephone: 044 – 501 3000.
For general enquiries contact Mr J Williams or Ms L Clark on telephone no: 044 501 3418.
Candidates must be willing to be subjected to an interview and be aware that previous employers and references may be contacted and their qualifications, credit and criminal records be verified.
Applications forms are available on the Bitou website (www.bitou.gov.za); A comprehensive CV, original certified copies of identification documents, qualifications and driver`s license must accompany the application form and must be posted /hand delivered to the Human Resources Section, Bitou Municipality, Private Bag X1002; Plettenberg Bay; 6600.
Bitou Municipality is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from the designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Please take note:
1. ONLY hard-copy applications will be considered. No electronic or faxed applications will be accepted.
2. Please complete the Reference Checking Consent & Authorization Form, which is available on the Municipality’s Website. (Compulsory)
3. No late applications will be considered. Canvassing of Councillors with the purpose of being appointed is not permitted and proof of such canvassing shall lead to disqualification.
4. Submit separate applications when applying for multiple posts and quote reference number.
5. If you receive no feedback from us within 12 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Bitou Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment and to re-advertise before a short list is compiled
ADV. LMR NGOQO MUNICIPAL MANAGER
CLOSING DATE: 20 September 2021 @ 14:00 pm If you receive no feedback from us within 12 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Bitou Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment and to re-advertise before a short list is compiled.