Bergrivier Municipality ensures the wellbeing of all communities within the Bergrivier region through economic growth, social wellbeing, community involvement and effective management within a safe and healthy environment. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Bergrivier Municipality with its head office in Piketberg and approximately an hour’s drive from Cape Town currently has the following vacancy and awaits applications from competent persons who comply with the minimum job requirements.
DIRECTORATE: TECHNICAL SERVICES
(Piketberg, unless stated otherwise)
SUPERVISOR/DRIVER: ROADS (PIKETBERG)
Requirements: Grade 10 · Code C1 driving license and PrDP · Proficiency in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans/English/Xhosa- Read, Write and Speak) · High level of responsibility · Ability to give attention to detail · Required to work in all weather conditions · Must be prepared to enter confined areas such as manholes, inlets, pipes and culverts · Required to work outside normal working hours during emergencies and planned overtime · Must perform duties in the whole area of the municipality when required · One (1) year relevant experience.
Key Performance Areas: Perform tasks/activities associated with general maintenance and repair work to roads, storm water and drainage systems and masonry works, using a vehicle and hand held tools and equipment to excavate defined areas, operating small plant machinery to break , crush and compact road surfaces , pressure cleaning devices too clear blockages and remove debris from drainage systems, utilizing lettering and marking guides to paint traffic flow signals and lines and provides guidance to the team through demonstration or explanations of specific sequences associated with allocated tasks, and transportation of material/equipment and personnel to/from work sites.
Salary: R 152 448 .00 per annum (T07 of a Category 3 Local Authority)
Date of acceptance: 01 March 2020 or as soon as possible
Enquiries: Mr J Strümpher at 022 913 6000
1. A service bonus equivalent to one month’s salary, where applicable, will be payable and be supplemented by the normal benefits applicable to the Municipality including a housing allowance for home owners subject to certain conditions.
2. The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and respects the conditions of the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to candidates who comply with the Employment Equity Targets.
3. The Municipality is not bound to make any appointment.
4. All appointments are subjected to Police clearings; which means that you give us permission to obtain Police clearance, by applying for a position at the Municipality.
5. Applications received after the closing date or which have been received without the documentation mentioned below, will not be considered.
6. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Applicants can regard their applications as being unsuccessful if no feedback has been received within six weeks from the closing date.
7. Canvassing of any councillor and/or member of the Appointment Committee and/or any personnel member of the Municipality will not be allowed and will immediately disqualify applicants.
8. In addition to the minimum job requirements and station mentioned herein, applicants may be expected to work overtime or be on standby, as well as render services in other parts within the municipal area, as required.
9. Appointment in certain posts is subject to a security clearance and applicants will also undergo an interview and evaluation process and where necessary, write a trade test.
A covering letter with three contactable references, must accompany the completed prescribed application form (available on request at Tel. 022 9136000 or on the municipality’s website www.bergmun.org.za) with certified copies of the necessary qualification certificates, ID document, Drivers Licence and a Curriculum Vitae (Maximum of 3 pages), (only one post per application form) to reach the Municipal Offices, Piketberg or mailed to P O Box 60, Piketberg 7320 for the attention of Ms W Terry Thomas (Human Resources Officer: Provisioning and Administration) by no later than the closing date. NO FAXES OR ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 14 FEBRUARY 2020 AT 15:00
ADV H LINDE
13 CHURCH STREET
P O BOX 60
MN29 /2020 7320