The National Zoological Garden is looking for well-qualified, experienced, hard-working, enthusiastic and motivated person to be appointed as a Cashier.
The successful applicant will work at the Mokopane Biodiversity Conservation Centre, and be responsible for receipting of revenue and all administrative functions associated with being the reception to the Mokopane Biodiversity Conservation Centre.
Amongst others, the successful applicant will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Cashier Functions:
- Responsible for receiving, receipting, reconciliation, submission and banking of all revenue received at the Centre
- The welcoming of public and all entering the Centre
- The bookings pertaining to the functions, accommodation, guided tours
- Control of public access and exit during the day
- The general appearance of the entrance area, reception office and surrounding gardens
- Assist conservation and maintenance staff where extra hands are required in the execution of general management activities: i.e. Fire control, game capture, maintenance activities, care of animals and emergencies.
- Report to the General Curator of the Centre and perform administrative function for the Centre as and when required.
- Grade 12 or relevant qualification
- 2 years working as a Cashier/ Receptionist, with focus on revenue receipting, bookings and associated administrative function, and upkeep of surround area of the entrance gate
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Office
- Valid Driver’s license
- Good interpersonal and public communication skills
- Personal traits displaying honesty and integrity
- Have an understanding of Financial and SCM compliance (systems SAGE and IQual)
This position will seek to provide representivity and address the imbalance of the past. Interested parties are requested to send applications (with a cover letter, comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualifications) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Cashier Mokopane.
Short-listed candidates who are invited to an interview will be expected to demonstrate proof of the above Key competencies and Minimum Requirements. Shortlisted Applicants must be available to undergo a per-assessment evaluation.
The National Zoological Garden, South African National Biodiversity Institute is committed to employment equity and redress. The NZG reserves the right not to fill this position. Should you not hear from us within 30 days from the closing date consider your application as being unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
Mr. Lefa Maremagae
HR Practitioner: Generalist
Tel.: 012 339 2700