Senior Logistics and Transport Officer
Department of Community Safety
Senior Logistics and Transport Officer
- Reference Number : refs/011407
- Directorate : Supply Chain Management
- Number of Posts : 2
- Package : R 316 791.00 Per annum plus service benefits
- Enquiries : Enquiries: Ms. Evelyn Makgopa Cell No: 083 700 6912 (during working hours from 8:00am to 16:00pm)
- Matric plus a three year National Diploma (NQF level 6) or bachelor’s degree in Logistics/ Transport Management or Equivalent qualification (NQF level 7), 2-3 Relevant in asset management or Supply Chain Environment. Driver’s License. No Criminal Record/ case pending against you. Knowledge and skills: GPG and Departmental policies and procedures.in-depth knowledge of Public Service Regulatory Framework. Reporting Procedure. In-depth knowledge of Division of Revenue Act, PFMA, Treasury Regulations and Supply Chain Management Framework. Delegation of Authority Pertaining to the Department of Community Safety. Understanding of the Department’s strategic Objectives. Public Service Anti-Corruption Strategy and fraud prevention measures. Knowledge of BAS, Persal, LOGIS and SAP and other information Management Systems. Public Service Budget Process. Public Service Budget Procedure. Knowledge Safety and Security Framework. Interpreting and evaluating information. Customer relation management. Verbal and written communication skill. Organizing and maintaining information. Problem solving and conflict management. Interviewing. Listening and negotiation. Facilitation. tact and diplomacy. Presentation. Accounting /mathematical acumen. Report writing. Computer literacy (Excel, Word and Power point).
- Control GG vehicle for the Department. Administer Departmental vehicle. Requesting and issuing of GG vehicle. Ensure that departmental officials comply with the prescribes and transport policy. Ensure that the relevant authorization is attached and all documentations are signed and dated correctly. Ensure that the claim is submitted for payment. Ensure that all GG vehicle are registered and fitted with security devises. Ensure that all new applicants submit ID and driver’s license copies. File of all new applicants. Make sure that new drivers are tested. Ensure proper movement of all Departmental Vehicle. Processing of requisitions for goods and services. Place orders for goods and services. Stock control. Supervise staff.
- The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially of race, gender and disability. NOTE: Appointment is subject to the signing of a performance agreement contract. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a security clearance check. Applications must be submitted on new form Z83, obtainable from any public service department or from the website, which must be completed in full and signed. A copy of your cv, certified copies of your identity document, driver’s license and qualifications must be attached (the certification must be within six (6) months). Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). The specific reference number of the post must be quoted. Failure to comply with these instructions will disqualify applications from being processed. Applications can be delivered to www.gautengonline.gov.za. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
Employer : Department of Community Safety
Location : Johannesburg
Closing Date : 17-09-2021
|Do you have Matric|
|Do you have National Diploma (NQF level 6) or bachelor’s degree in Logistics/ Transport Management or Equivalent qualification (NQF level 7)?|
|Do you have a 2-3 Relevant in asset management or Supply Chain Environment?|
|Do you have a valid Driver’s License?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.
75 Fox Street, Mashalltown