The Road Accident Fund’s mission is to provide appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner; and to actively promote safe use of our roads
The Organization requires the services of qualified individuals at its Pretoria Regional Office for the following position:-
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
OFFICER REPRESENTED CLAIMS X2: T.A.S.K GRADE 10
LOCATION: PretoriaCLOSING DATE & TIME: 2/18/2020 11:55 PM
Purpose of the Job: To provide claims handling which ensures prompt and fair settlement and finalization of claims, by applying the relevant legal and third party principles.
Key Performance Areas
- To regularly estimate and update value of loss.
- To acquire expert advice from medical experts, assessors and actuaries.
- Pursue, analyse and interpret medico legal reports, actuarial reports, Advocate opinions.
- To prepare a strategic assessment in conjunction with and based on the expert advice, and make decisions regarding the seriousness of the injury.
- To assess injuries based on the expert advice and quantify benefits.
- Collate all relevant information to formulate an offer of settlement.
- Quantification of claims settlement offers in accordance with mandate as soon as reasonably possible to reduce the turnaround times of claims.
- Liaise and collaborate with various Government Departments such as Compensation Commissioner and SASSA.
- To evaluate interim payment request.
- Litigation management, instructing and liaising with Attorneys and Advocates.
- To prepare executive summaries and for matters exceeding R900 000.
- Reduce open file count.
- Informal mentoring and training with new handler and assistants.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQF 7 (Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma) related qualification.
- Relevant 3 years working experience in claims environment.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Computer Literacy.
- Good Communication skills.
- Sound decision-making abilities.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the claims operating system.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Proactive team player.
- Time and Office Management, which includes maintaining a constant workflow on all matters.
- Administration skills which includes telephonic enquiries, e-mails, post and responding within a 3 day time frame.
- Advanced knowledge of Motor Vehicle Accident Legislation.
- Drafting and understanding undertaking procedures.
- Knowledge of all legislation, which pertains to the RAF procedures such as the RAF Act, and all amendments, Contingency Fees Act, PAIA, Assessment of damages Act, PFMA.
- Substantial medical knowledge of the human anatomy and the effects that injuries have on claimants.
- Ability to meet and exceed monthly targets on a continuous basis as required by management.
- Ensuring all registers are updated such as breach reports, judgement monitoring as well as any order prescribed by management.
- Sound mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of actuarial calculations and ability to interpret and apply actuarial assumptions.
- Organizational Awareness.
- Personal mastery.
- Emotional wisdom.
- Ethics and governance.
- Customer orientation and customer focus.
Total cost to company of the minimum remuneration package applicable to this position is
R349 998.00 per annumand will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner that will suit their needs”
Closing date: 18 February 2020
Applications can be forwarded for attention of the recruitment officer at Menlyn; e-mail address is Thembanim.firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver at 38 Ida Street, Menlo Park.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maxim of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB:Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within 4 weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
NB: It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.