The Road Accident Fund’s mission is to provide appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner; and to actively promote safe use of our roads
The Organisation requires the services of qualified individuals for the following position of Officer Determination the position will be based in their Cape Town Regional Office.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
OFFICER DETERMINATION T.A.S.K GRADE 10 X 02
LOCATION: Cape TownCLOSING DATE & TIME: 2/16/2021 11:55 PM
Purpose of the Job: To provide claims handling to ensure prompt and fair settlement of claims.
Key Performance Areas
To estimate value of loss in terms of DOA.
- Review documentation or determine further documentation needed.
- Scrutinize claims documentation (e.g. payslips, etc.)
- Determine and estimate quantum of claims.
To liaise with panel of experts for expert advice.
- Consider experts reports particularly actuarial calculations Instruct the relevant experts to quantify the benefits e.g. actuary, industrial psychologists on the advice of and approval of the assessor and/or senior assessor.
To quantify benefits and make appropriate offers.
- If no expert is required, calculate the value of benefits.
- Loss of support/earnings calculation on advice of the Assessor and/or Senior Assessor.
- Provide details of income and fringe benefits in major sectors.
- Determine contingency deductions to be applied.
- Interpretation on the cap limit under the Amendment Act.
- Assess the funeral account and award benefit in terms of the ARAF Act.
- Communicating and explaining offers to claimants.
- Attending to queries with claimants.
- Knowledge of rules of collateral and accelerated benefits.
- Factor in contingencies also consider merits allocated.
- Prepare offer as approved by the assessor or senior assessor.
- Consider any prior payments/interim payments/WCC/Social grants/EIL under the advisement or approval of the assessor or senior assessor.
- Obtain approval in terms of delegation and send out offer.
- If accepted request payment.
- If not accepted revise the offer.
- If summons served, refer matter to Litigation.
To provide claims assistance during road shows.
- Drawing files for road shows.
- Liaise with claimants to attend the road show.
Qualifications and Experience:
- NQF 7(Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma) qualification to discipline.
- Relevant 3 years’ experience in claims environment.
Technical and behavioral competencies required:
|Personal masteryEmotional wisdomEthics and governanceCustomer orientation and customer focus|||
|Detail orientated and analytical thinker.Decision-making.Negotiation skills.Time Management.Leadership skills,Communication (written and verbal).Computer literacy.|
Total cost to company of the minimum remuneration package applicable to this position is
R349 998.00 per annumand will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner that will suit their needs”
Closing date: 16 February 2021
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at the RAF, Cape Town branch; e-mail address is CPTRecruitment@raf.co.zaOR hand delivered to 2nd Floor, Correspondence Department, 1 Thibault Square, Long Street, Cape Town.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maxim of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
- Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
- Security vetting shall be conducted on all prospective employees
- It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.