Closing Date 22 September 2021
Company primary industry
Job functional area
Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity for a Receptionist to be based in Durban, Umhlanga. The position will be responsible for presenting a positive first impression of the company’s friendliness, excellent service and high standards. The Receptionist also greet Guests/ Clients/ Business partners upon arrival, inform Guests/ Clients/ Business partners of their wait time, monitor appointment times, enter visitors’ names into the computer system, show Guests/ Clients/ Business partners to their meeting room and bid them farewell as they leave.
A Receptionist must be able to carry natural conversation with Guests/ Clients/ Business partners without sounding scripted or intrusive. Additionally, the Receptionist cares for our Guests/ Clients/ Business partners by offering them refreshments and refilling beverages and performs light housekeeping duties such as ensuring reception area is clean, presentable and orderly at all times. As a member of an energetic team, the Receptionist will also need to answer the phone and be required to provide administrative support across the board. This will also include regular checking of the reception toilets for cleanliness. Accurate message taking and timeous relaying of messages to the correct staff is of paramount importance. Overall, the Receptionist will handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all hostess/receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately, professionally and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Ensure achievement of company’s strategic objectives, goal plans and targets. Comply with all policies and procedures and strict adherence to internal controls.
- Computer Skills/Microsoft Office
Financial Metrics/Operational Duties
- Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned waiting area or meeting room
- Tend to special Guest needs and requests
- Answer and direct any incoming calls while providing basic information when needed.
- Assist walk in clients, greet and welcome visitors, direct and announce them appropriately to the relevant team members.
- Ensure that housekeeping maintains a safe and clean reception area (including the reception toilet)
- Ensure TV and light under reception desk are switched off before leaving.
- Ensure that the TV is operational during work hours.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties when needed, such as filing, photocopying, binding, faxing, emailing etc.
- Ensure punctuality by being on duty for timeously between 7.30am – 17.00pm
- Ensure that telephone etiquette is maintained and that no personal phone calls will be allowed to be made or received to and from the switchboard and or company phone.
- Performance must be tracked by yourself and the onus is placed on you to set-up performance review meetings with the Office Administrator.
Compliance, risk and quality
- 100% compliance with company policies and procedures.
- 100% compliance with health and safety regulations.
- 100% Compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Ensure logical saving of all work, templates, etc. monthly and yearly such that each year’s financial records can stand on its own when enquiries/ investigations/audits take place.
- Produce high quality, neat, logical, succinct, easy to follow, easy to understand, formula linked work/templates/workbooks/financial models – of which is substantiated by facts with no numbers in the formulas.
- Ensure the above (final version) and other documents are chronologically saved/backed up.
Growth and new markets/products
- Assist with projects as directed from time to time.
- Assist with company promotions and attending functions and advertising if and when required.
- May be required to wear promotional attire if need be.
- Adhere to measures are put in place and steps are taken to achieve the short term, medium term and long-term goals of the company.
Skills and competencies:
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer skills
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.