Advert reference: lhc_000384
Advert status: Online
Apply by: 8 September 2021
Industry: Medical, Health & Social Care
Job category: Reception and Switchboard
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: Yes
A vacancy exists for a Porter, based at Life Westville Hospital reporting to Trevino Pothaiah, Admission Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring delivery of uncompromising quality care in line with Company strategic objectives and applicable Health /Nursing legislation
- Professional interaction with clients
- Transport patients from reception to wards and vice versa.
- Transport patients from wards to doctor’s rooms & X-rays and other allied health professional rooms.
- Assist patients with their luggage on admission or discharge.
- Check Wheelchairs for cleanliness and whether in need of repairs (maintain good working condition).
- Assist in the making of work related photocopies and patient files and folders
- Distribution of Memo’s and documents to the wards, Doctors rooms and Allied professionals
- Collection of stationary and stock for the department
- Matric – Grade 12
- An enthusiastic, motivated, Punctual & well organised individual with initiative and ability to handle pressure. Must be able to work shifts (day or night) and overtime as required.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Own or reliable transport due to the nature of shift work
- Bilingual with Proficiency in English, both verbal and written and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to push heavy individuals in wheel chairs, beds or assist heavy patients in or out of vehicles.
- Experience in a hospital environment and the transportation of ill or invalid persons would be preferred
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal and written communication
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Customer responsiveness