Operator (Laundry Machine)
Department of Health
Operator (Laundry Machine)
- Reference Number : REFS/011931
- Directorate : Laundry Services
- Number of Posts : 2
- Package : R 122 595.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Mr. HP Van Zyl TEL (O11) 484 2627
- A minimum of NQF level 3 qualification or grade 10 certificate or equivalent qualification with operating certificate. 5 years’ experience in (operating specialised equipment). Knowledge: of a limited range of handling of laundry industrial machine operator equipment, working procedure in respect of laundry industrial machine operator working environment and elementary duties such as: courier service, planning and organising skills. Basic numeracy, literacy, good communication, ability to perform routine tasks and Basic interpersonal relationship skills and have ability to liaise with stake holders. Be prepared to work under pressure and able to work in a team. Be prepared to rotate and work shifts. Be prepared to do physical labour. It is a legal requirement that employees wear protective clothing. The following will be an added advantage: Grade 10/12 with 3 years Industrial Laundry experience. Computer literate.
- Controlling the water level, air pressure and steam supply, before operating the Tunnel washers. Clean tumble dryers, filters and surrounding areas. Cleaning, loading and monitor conveyer belt, loading of soiled linen onto conveyer belt. Monitor of clean linen and release from dryers and deliver to next work station. Constant supervision of chemical pump performance supplying liquid soap machine. Report any disturbance and malfunctions on tunnel washers immediately to Supervisor. Execute all legal instructions by Supervisor or Management.
- Applications should be submitted on a (PDF Format only) to the following email-address Supporthr.Cmjah@gauteng.gov.za Only online application will be considered. PLEASE USE THE REFERENCE AS THE SUBJECT. The Department of Health is committed to the achievement and Maintenance of diversity and equity employment, especially of race, gender and disability. Applications must be submitted on a new Z83 form (obtainable from any Public Service Department or on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents) with a C.V, Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of I.D and Qualifications to be attached. applications must include three (3) contactable references. Suitable candidate will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (criminal record check, citizenship verification, qualification/study verification and previous employment verification) Suitable candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. Suitable candidates will undergo a medical screening test. Suitable candidates will have to disclose his / her financial interest. The Department of Health reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. Due to high volumes of anticipated applications, communication will be limited to the shortlisted candidates only. Should you not hear from us within 3 months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Coloured Males and females, Indian Males and Females and White Males and females are encouraged to apply.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Johannesburg Provincial Laundry
Closing Date : 01-10-2021
|Do you have a minimum of NQF level 3 qualification or grade 10 certificate or equivalent qualification with operating certificate?|
|Do you have 5 years’ experience in (operating specialised equipment)?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.