The West Rand District Municipality, with its seat authority in Randfontein, invites suitable qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant position:
POSITION : Municipal Finance Management Internship Programme (MFMIP) – 3 Positions
CONTRACT PERIOD : 24 to 36 Months CONTRACT
REMUNERATION:Between R90 000 – R100 000 per annum (all inclusive and dependant on year of internship)
The candidate should hold as a minimum, a three-year Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma with majors in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Risk Management and/or Auditing, among others.
The intern will sign both an employment contract and an internship agreement. The purpose of the agreement is to ensure commitment to the programme which require, amongst other, full participation in the educational and workplace assignments and observance of policies and procedures of the municipality. The candidate must be between the ages of 21 and 35.
- The MFMIP is a structured professional training and work experience programme with the goal of providing high quality training and practical exposure in all aspects of a Municipal Budget and Treasury Office which is governed by the Municipal Finance Management Act, Act 56 of 2003 and the underlying reforms.
- The programme has a logical training sequence that builds on the skills and competencies acquired during University and Technikon training.
- It ends with a qualification in Municipal Finance Management in line with the Municipal Regulations on Minimum Competency Levels, Gazette 29967 of 15 June 2007.
REFERENCE : 12/2019
CLOSING DATE :10 January 2020 at 12:00
- Applications for the above position must be accompanied by a detailed CV with originally certified copies of qualifications, ID document and a fully completed application form which is available on the WRDM website, wrdm.gov.za. No electronic or faxed applications will be considered.
- Fraudulent qualifications or documents will immediately disqualify any application.
- Applicants who are not invited for any interviews should regard their application as unsuccessful.
- The Council is an equal opportunity employer and subscribes to an employment policy which is non-racial, non-discriminatory, non-sexist and based on merit.
- The WRDM reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Enquiries: Agnes Segopolo/Mpho Goreoang: (011) 411-5114/5069
Applications must be hand delivered for the attention of the Manager: Human Capital,
West Rand District Municipality, cnr Sixth & Park Streets,
Monday to Friday between 07:30 and 16:00 up to the closing date
(a container for hand-delivered applications will be placed at the HR section);
or posted to Private Bag X033, Randfontein, 1760