Commis Chef x4 – 3 year contract – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel – Port Elizabeth – Grade B4
Published Date: 6 Mar 2020
Closing Date: 12 Mar 2020
TASK 17 000: CDC CORPORATE MANAGEMENT
SUB-TASK D: OPERATIONS: Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel – Port Elizabeth
JOB DESCRIPTION: Commis Chef x4 (3-year contract)
The Commis Chef is accountable to the Executive Chef – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel; a division of the Coega Development Corporation (CDC). The Commis Chef is responsible for preparing good quality meals to the guests of the Hotel.
The Commis Chef is mandated by the Board of Directors of Coega Development Corporation to take responsibility for the preparation of good quality meals as per the prescribed menu under the direction of the Executive Chef and ultimately the General Manager – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel.
3 RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
Reporting to the Executive Chef, this position’s primary responsibility is to assist in preparing meals as per the prescribed menu.
In pursuance of this primary objective, the Commis Chef is required to:
· Prepare and cook ingredients necessary and assist in all sections of the kitchen as directed by the Executive Chef and Chef de Partie
· Maintain high levels of service accordance with the company’s policies and procedures
· Assist and monitor stock, including stock rotation
· Ensure minimum kitchen wastage
· Adhere to FIFO Policy
· Ensure cleanliness of kitchen at all times and avoid cross contamination
· Do the necessary mise-en-place
· Learn skills and recipes from other members of the department and applying them
· Comply with all company policies, procedures and statutory regulations and food hygiene policies.
· Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
· Any other reasonable duties required by the Executive Chef or General Manager to enhance the Guests experience
· Self-motivated and proactive
· Strong organizational skills
· Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
· Great attention to detail
· Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced Culinary environment
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Great communication skills
· Willingness to follow instruction
· Matric Certificate or equivalent;
· Relevant training and culinary qualifications or a proven track record in a commercial kitchen with at least 2 years’ experience;
· Experience in the opening a Hotel or Restaurant would be advantageous
· Previous experience in 4 or 5* Hotel advantageous
· Be able to work shifts including night work and working on weekends and public holidays
· Basic Computer literacy advantageous
5 PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
· Performance is monitored regularly by reference to Key Performance Indicators and Balanced Scorecard.
The appointment of candidates is subject to the verification of all their credentials (employment history, educational, financial, criminal and any other checks as may be necessary). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and if you have not heard from us within one month of submitting your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
All applications must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org