Posted on March 11, 2020 by admin
Barman x3 – 1 year hourly paid contract – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel – Port Elizabeth – Grade B3
Published Date: 6 Mar 2020
Closing Date: 12 Mar 2020
TASK 17 000: CDC CORPORATE MANAGEMENT
SUB-TASK D: OPERATIONS: Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel – Port Elizabeth
JOB DESCRIPTION: Barman x3 (1 year hourly paid contract)
The Barman is accountable to the Restaurant Supervisor- Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel; a division of the Coega Development Corporation (CDC). The Barman is responsible for serving of food and beverages to hotel guests and ensuring cleanliness of areas and safety of cash and stock
The Barman is mandated by the Board of Directors of Coega Development Corporation to take responsibility for the delivery of food and beverage under the direction of the Restaurant Supervisor and ultimately the General Manager – Bluewater Bay Sunrise Hotel.
3 RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
Reporting to the Restaurant Supervisor, this position’s primary responsibility is to serve the food and beverage offering to the patrons in the hotel.
In pursuance of this primary objective, Barman is required to:
- Ensure sufficient stock and glassware and bar associated consumables during shift
- Ensure Bar area is cleaned and stocked for each shift
- Serving of patrons and ensuring completeness of orders and transactions
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitization of the Bar equipment
- Sweep and wash floors as needed
- Reporting of faults of Ice machine and operating equipment at the bar
- Take food and drinks orders and ensures these are rung up
- Takes payment and does cash up according to SOP’s after each shift
- Stores refuse in designated areas
- Upsells the offering of the hotel especially of the food and beverage department
- Assists with room service orders and special requests made by guests
- Assist with stock takes when required
- Any other associated tasks in line with the above as designated by Management
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work shifts including weekends, public holidays and night shift
- Willingness to follow instruction
- Willingness to learn
- Confidence, neatness and polite
- Logical thinking and taking orders
- Ability to complete tasks as assigned
- Matric or equivalent is essential;
- Minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in a hotel or upmarket restaurant environment as a barman is required;
- Full knowledge and understanding of different types of beverages, cocktails, wines & spirts;
- Ability to use espresso machine for specialty coffees is advantageous;
- Ability to work shifts including night work and working on weekends and public holidays.
6 PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Performance is monitored regularly by reference to Key Performance Indicators and Balanced Scorecard.
The appointment of candidates is subject to the verification of all their credentials (employment history, educational, financial, criminal and any other checks as may be necessary). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and if you have not heard from us within one month of submitting your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
All applications must be forwarded to email@example.com
Was this helpful?
0 / 0