STIPEND: R78645.00 PER ANNUM
KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Treasury is committed to assisting unemployed youth to gain practical experience in various fields of study. This program will include work-based structured experience related to an occupation with an aim to acquire competencies in the below mentioned fields.
In terms of the Department’s Employment Equity Plan, a greater percentage of students with disability will be taken onto the programme; and whom are therefore encouraged to apply.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
• Unemployed KwaZulu-Natal Graduates between the age of 18 and 35 years. (Permanent residency and academic institution must be in KZN).
• Applicants must be unemployed after the completion of the tertiary qualification.
• Applicants must not have participated in an internship programme, (subject to verification).
• Prepared to relocate to Pietermaritzburg at own cost.
• Must be computer literate.
• Prepared to undergo a selection process that will include a competency assessment and/ structured interview.
• Applicant must be in possession of a National Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree/ Honours Degree specializing in the following fields: – Accounting – Financial Accounting/ Management Accounting – Financial Information Systems – Internal Auditing – Forensic Auditing/ Accounting – Economics – Financial Management – Human Resource Management – Law(LLB) – Office Management – Risk Management – Information Technology – Public Administration/ Public Management – Quantity Surveying – Programme & Project Management – Library and Information Services
Maximum of 2 years (24 months), applicants will be required to enter into a contract with the Department. The programme will run from 1st April 2020 till 31st March 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
• Applicants must submit a detailed CV including contact telephone numbers, physical and postal address, certified copies of ID, qualification(s), statement of results and a covering letter motivating why you want to take part in the internship programme. (Note a Z83 is not required)
• Clearly state the field you are applying for e.g. Financial Management, Legal and Finance, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Economics etc.
• Applications must be marked for the attention of Ms T. Suleman,
The Head of Department, KwaZulu-Natal,
Provincial Treasury Directorate:
Human Resource Management and Development
PO Box 3613
OR Hand delivered to 145 Chief Albert Luthuli Road, Treasury House. Enquiries can be directed to Ms. T. Suleman at (033) 8974372.
Closing date for the submission of applications: 10 January 2020 No faxed, e-mailed or late applications will be accepted.