eLearning Graduate Internship Programme [2019/2020 – 2020/2021]
eLearning Graduate Intern Programme: Youth programme (focusing on ages 20 – 35) to provide an opportunity to gain practical work experience for a period of twenty-four (24) months, whereby successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend of R6 083.70. Women and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Post (Job Title): WCED eLearning Graduate Intern
Branch: Branch Curriculum and Assessment (Directorate: eLearning)
Directorate/ District Office: DISTRICT OFFICES: METRO CENTRAL (MCED), METRO SOUTH (MSED), OVERBERG DISTRICT (OED), WEST COAST DISTRICT (WCED), EDEN AND CENTRAL KAROO DISTRICT (ECKED)
Centre: District Office will have an itinerant function within the identified: Metro Central District Office – Maitland ref: MCED (1 position) Metro South District Office – Mitchells Plain ref: MSED (1 position) Overberg District Office – Caledon ref: OED (2 position) West Coast District Office – Paarl ref: WCED (2 position) Eden and Central Karoo – George ref: ECKED (1 position)
Requirements: 3-year diploma or degree (NQF 6 or 7) in one of the following areas: Office Management and Technology; or Project Management or Information Technology; a valid driver’s license would be an advantage.
Duties 1. Office Management and Technology: general office duties, such as answer phone inquiries, take minutes during meetings, manage databases and input information, data, records, organize and setup/break down conference rooms and/or training venues, working at head office, district or within schools to support eLearning administration.
2. Project Management: assist project managers to prepare files, documents related to projects, collect and collate data to track performance or efficiency, working at head office, district or within schools to support eLearning projects.
3. Information Technology: support the IT staff in software, hardware, cloud services and all other technology tasks and issues. Research on new trends and software related to the eLearning environment, working at head office, district or within schools to support eLearning projects.
Knowledge and Skills Computer literacy: MS Office Package (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Email system, Internet. Interpersonal skills. Listening skills. Ability to gather and process information. Good written and verbal communications skills in 2 official languages of the Western Cape.
Enquiries: Ms Mandiso Jonas, Mandiso.Jonas@westerncape.gov.za tel. 021 467 2674
Closing date: 17 January 2020
Instructions to applicants: Use the following link to apply online for the Graduate Internship Programme or scan the QR code via the camera app to access the link on your cell phone/tablet.
Link – https://forms.gle/y3oYf5xbqcccj72M6
Candidates must electronically submit the following completed documents:
2. Z83 form, obtainable from any government department or click the link Z83 application form
3. Certified copy of the relevant qualification;
4. Certified copy of a South African bar-coded ID book or South African ID card;
5. Academic results certified by the academic institution.
Documents to be electronically submitted to: Mandiso.Jonas@westerncape.gov.za
Please note: Faxes and certified copies older than 3 months will not be accepted. The WCED will not be held responsible for any costs relating to relocation, subsistence and travelling. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Kindly accept that, if you do not hear from the WCED by 15 Feb 2020, your application was unsuccessful.