General Worker / Housekeeper
General Worker / Housekeeper (Level 1), Kogelberg Nature Reserve
Kleinmond, Western Cape
Closing Date 10 December 2021
Eco-tourism and Access
Company primary industry
Job functional area
R98 070 – R98 070 per annum
The opportunity exists for a General Worker/Housekeeper, at Kogelberg Nature Reserve reporting to the Tourism Liaison Officer at the reserve.
- Ensure the sound and effective administration of the housekeeping function.
- Ensure effective supervision of the housekeeping team.
- Ensure compliance with the housekeeping standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure effective control of the housekeeping operational stock, linen, and other assets. Making sure that stock shortages are completed, and soiled / damaged stock are reported.
- Ensure the implementation of the health and safety measures, for the employees and guests.
- Ensure a high level of customer service.
- Ensure proper co-ordination, liaison with relevant departments such as maintenance etc.
- Ensure that any repairs and stains to soft furnishings are escalated, so that they can be dealt with promptly.
- Any minor maintenance issues must be checked daily and reported promptly and accordingly to the correct departments.
- To complete all paperwork and records in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To maintain a supply of clean linen and guests supplies in all allocated areas.
- To ensure that the staff under your control always has sufficient cleaning supplies.
- To be responsible for the supervision and primary discipline of all staff in allocated areas.
- To be responsible for all keys.
- To deal with lost property promptly and efficiently according to standard operating procedures.
- To ensure that all tourism related storage areas and equipment in allocated areas are kept clean and tidy. This includes linen stores.
- To identify training needs and carry out on the job training for all direct reports in allocated areas.
- Conducts daily inspections, as well as checking daily and weekly cleaning charts, as directed in the standard operating procedures.
- Grade 12 and a minimum of 12 months previous experience in a similar position or customer service role
- In possession of a valid South Africa ID document
- No criminal record
- Code EC Drivers licence plus PDP will be an advantage
- Excellent communication and customer relations skills
- Be able to communicate in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape Province, of which English must be one of the languages.
- Supervisory skills
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Health and Hygiene Knowledge
- Computer Literacy
- Punctual, neat, and responsible
- Ability to work in a team and independent
- Ability to work irregular hours and over weekends, as required