Main purpose of the job:
To maintain a safe and clean working environment and to provide office
support and refreshments at specified times.
Location: Wits RHI – Cape Town Bellville
Closing date: 13 August 2021
Submit detailed CV to:
Advert reference number: LM – 003MAF
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants
from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments
Key performance areas
• Empty all waste bins daily.
• Stock bathrooms with relevant supplies.
• Dust office furniture and equipment (telephones, light switches, sockets and skirting, computers, white
• Polish office furniture.
• Sweep and mop assigned floors.
• Comply with relevant health and safety policies.
• Safely store cleaning materials.
• Monitor the usage and stock levels of site groceries, consumables, and supplies.
• Report any defects to management to ensure health and safety procedures are followed and to enable
repairs to be carried out.
• Report anything in need of ordering/procurement, repair or replacement to management.
• Perform any other tasks as per duty roster.
• Setup crockery and refreshments in relevant venues at scheduled times.
• Tidy and clean areas after meetings and/or events.
• Wash crockery and pack, it away neatly.
• Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrate effective self-management.
• Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and
• Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
• Take ownership for driving own career development by participating in ongoing training and
Required minimum education and training
• Grade 12 (basic numeracy and literacy)
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
• Able to work independently and manage time. Able to work with minimum supervision.
• Sound customer and service orientation.
• Friendly, helpful, and professional.
• Self-motivated with a high regard for work ethic, values, and integrity.
Required minimum work experience
• Minimum 6 months experience in office cleaning.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please send an email to
subject heading of the email must read LM – 003MAF and the job title of position applying for. Please include
the following documentation:
• A cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for
• A detailed CV