Fieldworker x12 – WRHI–Health Programmes
Type: Fixed Term
Main purpose of the job:
To review clinic files, identify potential participants and complete file review
and data collection and capture according to the study protocol; contribute
towards ongoing monitoring and administration of the study.
Location: Tshwane – Temba CHC, Laudium CHC and Stanza Bopape CHC
Closing date: 28 July 2021
Submit detailed CV to:
Advert reference number: KC001 – 2021
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants
from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments
Key performance areas
• Screen clinic files for study enrolment.
• Collect participant data from medical notes and complete CRFs.
• Capture data into an electronic study database according to study protocols.
• Identify missing data, inconsistencies and errors and follow-up or report on missing data or errors.
• Compare data entered with source documents and make necessary corrections to information entered.
• Perform data cleaning.
• Ensure high quality of data collected.
• Document and report all key events to the supervisor or Study Coordinator.
• Filing and archiving of clinic files and other study documentation.
• Attend relevant internal and external meetings.
• Compile and submit study reports as required.
• Assist in networking with relevant stakeholders.
• Ensures that the study has relevant study materials on site.
• Conduct peer QC.
• Liaise with study co-ordinator to ensure dissemination of study information.
• Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self-management.
• Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and
• Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
• Take ownership for driving own career development in attending training and development sessions and
• Participate, give input and support ad hoc projects and initiatives.
Required minimum education and training
• Grade 12
• Experience working in the field of HIV with data capture skills.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
• Certification in good clinical practice (GCP).
• Research experience.
Experience working in the field of HIV with data capturing skills.
• Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Be tactful, respectful and maintain confidentiality.
• Able to work independently and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Required minimum work experience
• Minimum 6 months working experience.
Demands of the job
• Overtime/working over weekends will be required from time to time.
• Able to work effectively within department of health clinics and staff.
Communications and relationships
• Communicate effectively with the research team, management, participants, NGOs, staff at clinics.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please send an email to
The subject heading of the email must read KC001 – 2021 and the job title of position applying for. Please
include the following documentation:
• A cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for
• A detailed CV