PROFESSIONAL NURSE GRADE 3 (GENERAL NURSING)
- Reference Number : refs/006808
- Directorate : Mental Health Programmes
- Number of Posts : 28
- Package : R383 226.00 – R485 475.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Dr. C R Sibeko – Contact: 082 372 0554
- A Basic qualification accredited with the SANC in terms of Government Notice 425 (i.e. diploma/degree in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with SANC as a Professional Nurse. Registration with SANC (current proof of registration must be attached). A minimum of 20 years of appropriate/recognizable experience in nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with SANC in General Nursing. Applicants must be in a possession of a valid South African driver’s licence. Knowledge of mental health legislation and related legal and ethical practices, PFMA and Public Service Act and Regulations. Good communication, interpersonal, IT, financial, and human resource management skills; Ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary context. Analytic thinking, independent decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Within the Nursing Scope of Practice: Provide specialist level mental health care and treatment to clients of all age groups (including the promotion of mental wellbeing and quality of life, early detection, and treatment to minimize long-term effects and rehabilitation). Design and implement treatment plans and critically evaluate outcomes.
- Organize and manage clinic activities such they are proficient and integrated. Establish referral pathways at all levels of care and liaise with district regional and tertiary hospitals in the cluster. Monitoring and evaluation of the services for quality of care, compliance to policies and guidelines, and statutory legislations.
- Provide development, training, and clinical supervision of district generalist health staff, undergraduate and post graduate students through appropriate task sharing and consultation. Support district level organizational activities and structures. Ensure collaboration and communication with other PHC staff, WBOTS programs, and other Health outreach services (training and support) to integrate these mental health services into their service delivery objectives.
- Establish, maintain, and participate in the inter-sectoral and multi-disciplinary forum that promotes a seamless delivery of efficient and effective mental health care. Utilize information technology and other management information systems to manage mental health information for the enhancement of service delivery and writing of reports. Support mental health-related research.
- Applications should be submitted strictly online at www.gautengonline.gov.za and it should be accompanied by a fully completed and signed Z83, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of qualifications, Identity, and valid driver’s licence. Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. No hand-delivered, faxed, or e-mailed applications will be accepted. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The department intends to promote representivity (race, gender, and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to make an appointment(s) to the advertised post(s). NB: For assistance with online applications please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Ekurhuleni District
Closing Date : 06-11-2020
|• Do you have a Basic qualification accredited with the SANC in terms of Government Notice 425 (i.e. diploma/degree in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with SANC as a Professional Nurse?|
|• Do you have minimum of 20 years appropriate/recognizable experience in nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with SANC in General Nursing?|
|• Are you currently registered with SANC? (Applicants are expected to submit a certified copy of their current SANC Annual Practice Certificate)|
|• Do you have a one-year qualification in Advanced Psychiatric Nursing Science which qualify for appointment as Professional Nurse Grade 1 (Psychiatry Nursing)?|
|• Do you have a valid driver’s licence?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.