Graduate Internship Programme [2021/2022 – 2022/2023]
Youth programme (focusing on ages up to 34 years of age) and will provide an opportunity to
gain practical work experience for a period of twenty-four (24) months, whereby successful
candidates will receive a monthly stipend of R6 083.70. Women and people with disabilities are
particularly encouraged to apply.
Post (job Title): WCED Graduate Intern
Branch/Directorate Directorate: Strategic People Management
- Financial Accounting (2 posts) (B-Tech Accounting / Financial Management)
- Service Benefits (1 post) (Industrial Psychology/ Human Resource Management)
- GET Curriculum (1 post) (Project Management/Financial Management)
- Curriculum FET (1 post) (Project Management/Administration Management/Financial
- Business Strategy and Stakeholder Management (1 post) (Project Management)
- Employee Relations (2 posts) (Human Resource Management/ LLB/ Labour Relations
- Recruitment and Selection (1 post) (Human Resource Management)
- Internal Control (2 posts) (Financial Management/Financial Accounting/Auditing)
- Procurement Management (2 posts) (Public Management/Financial
- Cape Winelands (1 post) (Human Resource Management/Financial management)
- Eden and Central Karoo (1 post) (Financial Management/Accounting)
- Overberg (1 post) (Financial Management/Office Management and Technology)
- West Coast (1 post) (Financial Management)
- Metro Central (1 post) (LLB/ Labour Relations Management/Financial
- Metro East (1 post) (Financial Management/Accounting)
- Metro North (1 post) (Financial Management/Accounting)
- Metro South (1 post) (Office Management and Technology/Project Management)
Requirements : 3-year diploma or degree (NQF 6 or 7) in one of the following:
Financial Management Systems; Financial Management; Accounting and Auditing
Human Resource Management/ Development
Office Management and Technology
LLB/ Labour Relations Management
Duties : The Intern will be responsible for assisting the staff with general
office duties including, but not limited to, research, data entry, filing and general
coordination. Render general admin support in the chosen office.
Knowledge and Skills : Computer literacy: MS Office Package (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), e-mail system, Internet.
Interpersonal skills. Listening skills. Ability to gather and process information. Good written and
verbal communications skills in 2 official languages of the Western Cape.
- Enquiries : Ms. T Roux, firstname.lastname@example.org 021 467 2577 (Head Office)/ Ms M Jita,
Masivelane.Jita@westerncape.gov.za 021 467 2224 (Head Office)
Closing Date: 29 January 2021
Instructions to applicants: Use the following link to apply online for the Graduate Internship Programme or scan
the QR code to access the link on your cell phone/tablet.
Link – https://forms.gle/6MSHBDNPuyZA8Hdt5
Candidates must electronically submit the following completed documents:
- Z83 form, obtainable from any government department or click the link Z83 application form
- Certified copy of the relevant qualification;
- Certified copy of a South African bar-coded ID book or South African ID card;
- Academic results certified by the academic institution.
Documents to be electronically submitted to: email@example.com
Please note: Faxes and certified copies older than 3 months will not be accepted. The WCED will not be held
responsible for any costs relating to relocation, subsistence and travelling. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Kindly accept that, if you do not hear from the WCED by 20 March 2021, your application