The Road Accident Fund’s mission is to provide appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner; and to actively promote safe use of our roads.
The Organisation requires the services of qualified individuals for the following position, the position will be based in Johannesburg Regional Office.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
SENIOR MANAGER: CLAIMS T.A.S.K GRADE 18
LOCATION: JohannesburgCLOSING DATE & TIME: 1/28/2020 11:55 PM
Purpose of the Job: The Senior Manager Claims is accountable to lead, direct and manage the Claims Department in the region by ensuring effective and efficient end-to-end claims processing in order to achieve the Region’s operational requirements.
Key Performance Areas
- Provide leadership and strategic management to the department.
- Management of Claims Origination, Determination and Direct Claims in line with the RAF policies, processes and procedures.
- Management of litigated claims.
- Finalisation of claims and effective Post Settlement processes.
- People Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQF8 (Post graduate Diploma / Honours Degree/ Professional Qualification Degree) in Management/Commerce/Law related qualification to discipline.
- Relevant 8-10 years’ experience in a claims or related environment of which three (3) years must have been on a Management level.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Strategic capability and leadership
- Results orientation
- Business and financial acumen
- Brand and stakeholder orientation
- Organisational resilience
- Team resilience
- Network and alliances
- Inspire commitment
- Talent management
- Change management
- Financial and budget management.
- Claims management systems.
- Insurance / Re-insurance principles.
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R 1 160 042 .00per annum, negotiable.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in manner that will suit their needs”.
Closing date: 28 January 2020
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at Eco Glades;email address isThembi.firstname.lastname@example.org OR hand delivered at 420 Witch-Hazel Avenue, Eco Glades 2, Centurion.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB:Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within 4 weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
NB: It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation