Claims Internship (x25)
The Road Accident Fund’s mission is to provide appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner; and to actively promote safe use of our roads
The Organisation requires the services of qualified individuals within its Durban Regional Office for the following position:-
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
CLAIMS INTERNS DURBAN X25
CLOSING DATE & TIME: 11/30/2021 11:55 PM
Purpose of the Internship: The Road Accident Fund is committed to youth skills development by providing graduates with an opportunity to gain workbased experience. Applications are invited for the Internship Prgramme for unemployed graduates between the age of 18 and 35.The Internship program will run for a period of eighteen (18) months.
Key Performance Areas
Work based exposure may include any of the following:
- Direct Claims – Mobile RAF, supplier claims and direct claims processing.
- Claims Origination – Customer Service Centre, Registration of new claims and Verification and Validation of new claims.
- Claims Determination – Merits investigation and assessment and Represented Claims
- Claims Litigation, summons, writ and panel management
- Claims Finalisation – Legal cost, payments and file closure
- Post Claim Settlement – Reviewing and processing of bills, activating undertakings, processing of future medical claims.
- External Stakeholder engagement (e.g. Road shows, consulting with families of claimants,
- service providers,direct claimants etc.)
- General office administration, filing and data capturing related to the claims administration process.
Qualifications and other Requirements
- Certified Grade 12/ NQF 4 level certificate
- Certified copy of Relevant Diploma/ Advanced Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy Academic transcript
- Your CV and motivational letter
Technical and behavioral competencies required
The successful candidate will be required to display the following competencies in this role:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation
- Desire and potential to learn
- Basic computer skills
- Prioritize tasks as needed
Road Accident Fund Values
Interns will be awarded a monthly stipend.
Closing date: 30 November 2021
APPLICATIONS CAN BE FORWARDED FOR ATTENTION OF THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT: DBNInternship@raf.co.za
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
1. Indicate the reference number for the Internship you are applying for on the subject line.
2. Submit a short CV and a motivational letter as to why your application should be considered with a maximum of 3 pages, applications with no academic transcript will not be considered.
3. Applicants must be unemployed, was never employed in the field of the post and never participated in an internship programme in the relevant field of the post previously
4. The applicant must not have previously served as intern before.
5. Should it be found that the applicant previously served as an intern and did not disclose that info and it is discovered later, the applicant will be disqualified.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are underrepresented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
NB! ONLY THE FIRST 300 CV’S WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.