Department: Group Corporate and Shared Services
Branch: Group Corporate and Shared Services
Designation: Personal Assistant
Salary Range: R20 908.74 pm (basic salary excluding benefits Appointment
• Grade 12/NQF level 4 plus;
• Diploma (NQF level 6) in Public Management / Business Management / Business Administration or related field;
• Two (2) -three (3) years’ relevant experience in an executive secretarial or administrative role.
• Basic knowledge of Local Government.
• Knowledge of related policies and legislation governing the distribution functions.
• Knowledge of the City’s Strategic business planning and performance management processes.
• Computer literacy (MS Office) and Microsoft Outlook; Communication (verbal and written) and report writing skills required; and
• Must have a valid drives license code 08.
Primary Function: Provide executive support the office of Group Executive Director: Group Corporate and Shred Services (GED: GCSS) with information, administrative and logistical related services for the attainment of the department’s strategic objectives in line with the City’s strategic priorities. While acting as formal channel of communication between office of the Group Executive Director and Office of the City Manager, Executive Mayor, The MMC’s Municipal Owned Entities, other departments and business partners.
Key Performance Areas: Provide sound management of the administration in office of the GED: GCSS. Render effective administrative for all critical projects in the Office of the GED GCSS. Manage all GE: GCSS meeting and related logistics. Provide effective dairy management for the GED: GCSS. Provide sound logistical planning and events augment services in conjunction with the Group Heads Executive Secretary.
Leading Competencies: Teamwork and Accountability; administration; coordination and communication.
Core Competencies: High level of confidentiality; good administrative skills; Time management; good coordinating; Project management; Attention to detail; Interpersonal, problem solving, good planning and organizing skills. Professionalism; Sound judgement; Work independently and under pressure; Multi-skilled on a range of roles applicable to the position.
This is an employment equity targeted position and preference will be given to African Males, Indian Males, White Males and White Females including people with disabilities.
Contact Person: Boitumelo Makgoba
Tel No: (011) 407 6076
Workplace: 158 Civic Boulevard, Metro Centre, Braamfontein