SITA – Administrators
REFERENCE NR : VAC00572
JOB TITLE : Specialist: Database Administrator (MySQL)
JOB LEVEL : C5 SALARY : R 455 638 – R 683 457
REPORT TO : Senior Database Administrator
DIVISION : HSO: Centurion Open Systems
DEPT : ITI: Hosting
LOCATION : SITA Centurion
POSITION STATUS : Permanent (Internal & External)
Purpose of the job
rovision Database services, design, support, install, maintain and administer database management system and related products.
Key Responsibility Areas
Infrastructure Preparation. Management and Administration. User Support; and Reporting and Communication.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum: 3 years National Higher Diploma / Degree in an ICT related field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology and Engineering) Certification: MySQL Database Administrator Certification. Oracle Certified Professional. Experience: 3 – 5 years practical work experience of database administration on different platforms with performance diagnostics, performance tuning, capacity planning, and monitoring. Deployment of multiple MySQL database instances. Create and maintain MySQL Replication.
Technical Competencies Description
Knowledge of: MySQL, Oracle, MySQL IT server hardware, software setup and configuration. MySQL Database schema creation and management. Basic knowledge of application development Advanced Agile/Scrum knowledge. Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle and database change management & automation Capacity planning, Performance Tuning, Backup and Recovery, Project Management Business/Systems Liaison Customer Relationship Management Meta Data Management Information Architecture/Strategy Business Intelligence Architecture/Tools.
Technical Competencies: Database Administration, Database Management.
Interpersonal/behavioural competencies: Attention to Detail, Analytical thinking, Continuous Learning, Disciplined Empathy, Inclusivity, Resilience, Stress Management.
Other Special Requirements
How to apply
Kindly send you CV to: Malebo.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 24 September 2021
SITA is an Employment Equity employer and this position will be filled based on Employment Equity Plan. Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. Preference will be given to members of designated groups.
• If you do not hear from us within two months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. • Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Please clearly indicate the reference number of the position you are applying for.
• It is the applicant
s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
• Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply.
• SITA reserves a right not to make an appointment.
• Appointment is subject to getting a positive security clearance, the signing of a balance score card contract, verification of the applicants documents (Qualifications), and reference checking.
• Correspondence will be entered to with shortlisted candidates only. • CVs from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered.
• CV’s sent to incorrect email address will not be considered
SITA – Administrators