ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT LEGAL COST VALIDATION X3: T.A.S.K LEVEL 6
The Road Accident Fund’s mission is to provide appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner; and to actively promote safe use of our roads
The Organisation requires the services of qualified individuals within its Johannesburg Regional Office for the following position: Administrative Assistant Legal Cost Validation X3 on a 24 Month Fixed Term Contract
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENTADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT LEGAL COST VALIDATION X3: T.A.S.K LEVEL 6
LOCATION: JohannesburgCLOSING DATE & TIME: 11/9/2021 11:55 PM
Purpose of the Job: To ensure that received bills/files are allocated on the legal cost system for officers to assess and mark them for payment requisition and general administration of legal cost.
Key Performance Areas
Perform Office Administration
- Pre- screening of files and bills to ensure that they belong to the correct branch of the RAF.
- Updating the information on the files to correlate with the claim system in respect of claim numbers, link numbers, claimants and attorneys’ details.
- Stamp, Sort and separate fee analysis from taxations and block settlements.
- Identify whether the bill is a High Court merits or quantum and/or both merits and quantum.
- Identify if the bill belongs to another region.
- Scan, e mail and prepare matters for other regions to be delivered to the relevant region.
- Update the status and allocation of file on the claims viewing system.
- Maintaining accurate records of files where legal cost payments are to be requested.
- Keep records of movements of all files.
- Requesting and/or uplifting of files, filing of documents.
- Internal queries: list of outstanding payments from the CEO.
- Retrieving bills from finance to verify information.
- Telephone queries, attending to calls from our officers while in court to verify information urgently in the system.
- External queries: receiving calls from attorneys to check payments.
- Consultations with Assessors/ Attorneys.
- Calling or emailing attorneys requesting correct claim numbers, identity numbers, court orders, power
Perform Validation of Allocated Bills
- Validation: check if the bill corresponds with attorneys, correct claim numbers.
- Checking previous payments.
- Checking if the offer was loaded on the legal cost system.
- Promptly allocate /bills of cost on the legal cost. System within a specific given timeframe.
Perform Batching and Indexing
- Printing of payment histories, record all bills manually on a daily basis before giving them to officers to authorise and approve payments.
- Receiving of payments report and submitting payments to finance for payments within a specific given timeframe.
Provide reports as and when required.
- Keep daily stats of activities on work allocated and work to be assessed.
- Submit daily and monthly stats as requested by management.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQF 4 (Matric or Grade 12) qualification.
- Relevant 1 year experience in Claim/Litigation/Summons/Administration/Registration and Data capturing.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Personal mastery.
- Emotional wisdom.
- Ethics and governance.
- Customer orientation and customer focus
- Proficiency in English and one other official language.
- Good communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Computer Literate.
- Interpersonal Relations.
- Good Organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Team player.
Road Accident Fund Values
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R185 338.00 per annum, negotiable.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner that will suit their needs”.
Closing date: 09 November 2021
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at Johannesburg; email at : Jhbrecruitment2@raf.co.za
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS:
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to People with Disabilities.
- Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
Security Vetting shall be conducted on all prospective employees
- It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.