Department of Health
Administration Officer (Transport)
- Reference Number : REFS/009045
- Directorate : Logistic
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R257 508.00 p.a (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Mr. T.I Makhubela TEL: 011 241 5600
- Minimum of senior certificate (Grade 12) qualification with 5-10 years of relevant working experience in the Public service or Transport and Logistics or a minimum of 3-4 years working experience with a Relevant Tertiary NQF level 6/7. Knowledge of Transport policies, Admin and Logistics, Support and Corporate service and Patient’s affairs will be an added advantage. Good supervisory skills, good interpersonal skills, organizing skills and time management. Ability to handle confidential information. Sound verbal, written communication and knowledge in computer packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access). Valid Code 8 or Code 10 (C1) driving license with a valid PDP (willing to renew PDP at own expense). Sound knowledge of governmental policies including PFMA, LRA, Transport policy, knowledge of Batho Pele Principles, Patient’s Rights and Six Ministerial Priorities. Ability to lead. Ability to work in a team, have initiative and problem -solving skills. Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines also prepared to work shifts and after hours when need arises
- The successful candidate will be responsible for providing efficient and effective transport and logistics services within the hospital. Supervise the daily activities of the unit, including daily allocation of vehicles to drivers for various destinations. Daily, weekly and monthly inspection of state vehicles and compiling of reports. Monthly completion of Form 6 and driver’s roster. Monthly reporting on usage of vehicle GG car register. Monthly reporting on kilometers travelled and petrol consumption. Reporting of accidents to management. Ensure maximum utilization of vehicles and implementation of cost control measures. Compile and submit weekly reports for management as and when required. Management of all staff performance and development within the transport unit. Attend to human resource financial matters do record keeping and statistics, compile and submit reports. Plan and implement training programs to transport staff. Fulfill duties as per PMDS contract and job description. Perform any other duties delegated by the line manager. Ensuring Cleanliness of State Vehicle.
- Medical surveillance will be conducted on the recommended applicants, at no cost. People with disabilities are welcome to apply. Applications must be filled on a new Z83 form accompanied by a comprehensive CV highlighting or stating the requirements mentioned above; and certified copies of ID and qualifications. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Candidates will be subjected to security screening and vetting process Applications received after closing date will not be accepted. The Department reserves the right to not make an appointment. Candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time and place determined by the Department. Applications must be submitted to: Bheki Mlangeni District Hospital or posted to Bheki Mlangeni District Hospital, P.O. Box 731, Jabulani, 1868 or apply online at www.gauteng.gov.za. PLEASE NOTE: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Bheki Mlangeni District Hospital
Closing Date : 25-06-2021
|Do you have a relevant Qualification NQF level 6/7 with 3-4 years experience in Transport?|
|Do you have a Grade 12 or equivalent with more than 5-10 years’ experience in Transport??|
|Do you have a valid driver’s license with PDP|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.