Middelburg Local Office – Temp Admin Officer
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
TEMPORARY ADMIN OFFICER TO ASSIST A PERSON WITH A DISABILITY
MIDDELBURG LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a temporary basis. The position is based in Middelburg.
The Admin Officer will report to the Admin Manager and provide functional assistance to an employee with a disability, thus enabling him to deliver competently on his position’s responsibilities.
- Writing down consultation notes.
- Accompanying the Attorney to courts and prisons.
- Doing MARs (Matter Activity Reports) and opening new and closing files.
- Updating matters exceeding turnaround time.
- Writing down detailed Trial Notes and managing the practitioner’s diary for appointments and court dates.
- Day-to-day management and administration of the practitioner’s activities in order to ensure that the practitioner meets quality requirements and standards.
- Perform other Admin duties as directed by Management (as per the signed performance contract).
- Perform other reasonable work-related duties incidental to the integration of the employee with disability within the workplace.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Grade 12 (Matric).
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- A valid unendorsed driver’s license.
Basic Salary: R173,703.00 per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 13 July 2021, quoting the reference number MID-AO/25/06/2021 in the subject line toLMPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Mphephi Dolamo, Tel: 013 243 5964
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a transfer/promotion/appointment that will promote representatively in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not make an appointment if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online