The Cash Shared Services Learnership
- Job ID: 52592
- Job Sector: Banking
- Country: South Africa
- Region/State/Province/District: Gauteng
- Location: Johannesburg
Operations: a range of essential and complex services to ensure processes across the bank work as effectively and efficiently as possible
The Cash Shared Services Learnership
The Cash business provides cash management services to our clients, offering professional SME support on all aspects of the cash value chain through personalised engagements.
You could have the opportunity to join this dynamic team
If you are interested in driving a purpose that looks at ensuring that business growth is enabled through keeping the client at the heart of everything we do, this learnership is an ideal opportunity.
Designed to help you gain valuable work experience you will have a unique opportunity to gain proficiency in the following:
• To accurately count and verify customer’s deposits, ensuring that the correct amounts and references are captured to the relevant account.
• To process and release any cheque deposit transactions.
• Ensures that the workstation is activated, equipment is in working order and the necessary stationery is available to begin processing.
• Ensures the consignment is removed from the tote and the tote is locked and released in order for a second tote to be available at the respective workstation.
• Ensures the correct client code is visibly displayed prior to the processing of the deposit.
• Verifies consignment contents against relevant schedules. Ensures that all consignment contents are in full view of the camera.
• Removes all cash and cheques from the bag and turns the bag inside out for investigation purposes.
• Identifies the empty envelopes prior to opening.
• Accurately processes and captures relevant deposit and customer information and captures the relevant references as per the customer’s instructions and Service Level Agreement (SLA).
• Processes deposits according to the correct deposit type namely:
• Regularly collects all cheque deposit transactions from the tellers.
• Ensures that any invalid account numbers are to be investigated with the teller and/or team leader.
• Captures correct account numbers to rectify any errors.
• Attaches the correct div voucher and deposit slip to the correct cheque.
• Removes the staples and paperclips from any cheques.
• Accurately sorts and batches the waste according to retro and current day.
• Seals the waste in the respective envo-pack and annotates the seal number on the envo-pack on the manifest sheet for acknowledgement (signature required) by the courier representative.
• Delivers the waste at the allocated times to the courier for collection.
• Clears and releases all items on NDS at the end of the day.
• Ensures that all cheques and deposit slips are securely locked when leaving the workstation.
• Ensures that the workstation is kept neat and tidy and all equipment is placed in the relevant area within the working space.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
The candidate must:
- Be a South African Citizen
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- Have completed and passed Grade 12 with Pure Mathematics or min symbol “C” Maths iteracy
- Be computer literate
- Not be permanently employed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Not be registered on any other learnership or internship
- Learnership Details:Start Date: 01 April 2021End Date: 31 March 2022Learner Allowance: R4 000 per monthLocation: Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban
Application closing date 17 January 2021
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to TransactionFraudOpsSA@standardbank.co.za